One bad result and.....

What annoys me personally is that after good results no one creates a thread to discuss the parts in the match that weren't upto standard. Just because you win it doesn't mean you have played well. If we would have scraped a win today none of these threads would exist.

The result would have been different but the performance would have largely been the same. See what I mean?

Thing is. It wasn't a "bad" result. We drew away from home after WBA defended well and we weren't at our best. Constructive criticism is fine. It's the fucking meltdown afterwards that's annoying.

Constructive criticism is something what many here don't like.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:03 pm --<br /><br />
Luke_mcfc said:
What annoys me personally is that after good results no one creates a thread to discuss the parts in the match that weren't upto standard. Just because you win it doesn't mean you have played well. If we would have scraped a win today none of these threads would exist.

The result would have been different but the performance would have largely been the same. See what I mean?
I will open few threads but I don't want to defend myself again that I am not rags fan.

DD said:
....you daren't observe that anyone was below par, that anyone might have made a bad decision or that, heaven forbid, a player looked tired and may require a game's rest or you will be abused for being 'not a proper supporter', a reactionist, a pessimist or a downright lunatic.

Ten results and you might be able to say that a player 'had an off day but at least I would have taken that when stood at York in 1999.' :)

Seriously it's getting pathetic. No-one is allowed to say anything constructive anymore. No-one is allowed to question the merit of the slightest thing such as a substitution without being subjected to a barrel load of abuse.

Strangely, such comments go by unnoticed when we have won. Everyone's happy and they just put it down to part of the debating process, yet air the same opinion when we haven't won and you are accused of being hysterical.

there is nothing wrong with constructive critism its just that after an away draw im not sure anyone deserves any critism at this point, we didnt play that well it happens, i think the best people to decide if someone is tired is the player and coaching staff not some fan who thinks he is the next bill shankly.

if we have a run of games where we under perform then we can worry and wonder why but after one game?

Not a bad result a draw against another premier club away from home.

We are top of the league after 18 games on an incredible 45 points.

The second half of the season is going to be a cracker.

4 trophies to play for and the Rags pushing us all the way.

Bring it on.

AlthamBlue said:
Thing is. It wasn't a "bad" result. We drew away from home after WBA defended well and we weren't at our best. Constructive criticism is fine. It's the fucking meltdown afterwards that's annoying.

It was a terrible performance and a poor result. Lethargy throughout the team. We can just about get away with it at home - but away we won't. Another one like that at Sunderland and I fear for us in the battle of attrition with the rags.

We lost the battle in Dec/Jan last season at home to Everton and away at Brum and Villa. We need to improve dramatically against Sunderland or we'll be in a pickle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.