one one clive allen

fathellensbellend

who remembers chanting this while peter reid persisted with his old everton buddies.

anyhow, great to see he hasnt forgot the fans, hope those who come into contact with clive give him a great reception.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/clive-expects-a-cracker-200112.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ar ... 00112.html</a>

One of my favourites as a kid & can well remember being hugely frustrated to see Adrian Heath's name on the teamsheet each week, whilst one of the best strikers of his generation was forced to warm up on the touchline, hoping for a few minutes to show what he could do.

Thanks for the kind words Clive & best wishes (well, after Sunday at least); your efforts for the club have not been forgotten.

Clive Allen was a quality striker and a lovely bloke to boot who totally loved his time at City and living in Manchester as he's often spoke about over the years. I also believe he applied for the City managers job back in the 1990's, although how accurate this is? is open to debate.

urmston said:
His goal v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 89/90 was superb.

I was there.
I recall that day well, it really was the mark of the man he had missed a bag-full of chances during that game, alot of players picking the ball up there would have taken the easy option and passed but to fire it into the net like that with so little time left was something else.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
urmston said:

I was there.
I recall that day well, it really was the mark of the man he had missed a bag-full of chances during that game, alot of players picking the ball up there would have taken the easy option and passed but to fire it into the net like that with so little time left was something else.

I was there too. For me, Clive was a good player but he never really gelled with Peter Reid. Reid was a good manager for us but for some reason he didn't see Clive's potential.

I remember bumping into Peter Reid when he was City boss,when I was at a match with some mates at Blackburn.

City were playing the following day.

I was outside this shop and he went past in his car,but had to turn round at the top of the street to come back down,I walked into middle of road like a fucking traffic warden,and flagged him down,( I had had a few),he stopped electric window came down in his big fuck off peugeot,was a smart car at the time! and he looked at me

" hello pete,I'm a blue,and just wanted to know what crack is with Clive Allen ?"

He replied " if he scores goals,he be in my team "

OK I said and off he drove,I bet it wernt a week later when he fucking sold him,gutted I was,and I have learned a harsh lesson,never ask a manager about a player that aint in team.......mind you I may ask mancini if I see him about Bridge, and Santa Cruz

urmston said:

I was there.

I wasnt...But I agree. I remember listening to it on GMR, and then watching it on Granada moments later when the results were coming in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.