One Person Dead After Plane Hit Turbulence

I've noticed it more over the last decade.

Only once had it really bad, and fucking hell, even for the most seasoned of flyers it was terrifying.
Had an incident about six years ago when flying from Boston to London (on my way to Manchester), when I was still travelling, that genuinely felt like the plane was falling out of the sky.

Had a youngish woman on my left and a teenage lad on my right (middle seat lottery winner); the teenager had said earlier in the flight it was only his second time flying, with his first happening when he was seven. Both were clutching on my hands toward the end. I think the woman actually bruised some of my metacarpals, as my left hand hurt for two weeks after.

It was all I could do to keep it together and reassure them that everything would be fine.

We actually had a few baggage compartments open (though, luckily only jackets and a purse fell during the episode).

Suffice it to say, we were all overjoyed when we landed. Not sure the lad ever wanted to fly again. He joked he would ask for a refund of his return ticket and just drive back home.

Seems the guy who had a heart attack died from stress and the 30 people injured didn't have seatbelts on.

Wonder why the seatbelt light wasn't on? Unless it was and people just ignored it thinking it wouldn't be that bad.

Seems the guy who had a heart attack died from stress and the 30 people injured didn't have seatbelts on.

Wonder why the seatbelt light wasn't on? Unless it was and people just ignored it thinking it wouldn't be that bad.

Because it was the middle of the flight, no warning of the turbulence so light was off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.