Online grocery shopping delivery slots

Wow, I would have been tempted to just leave it and get a refund.

We have an Aldi around the corner and will admit having been a little snobby about liking it in the past but bar toilet rolls and hand sanitiser I have been able to get anything I wanted or needed from there, we had been splitting the shopping with a Tesco's delivery and doing the rest of the shop at Aldi but I will be sacking that off and getting 90% at Aldi in the future, the fancies I like from Tesco's that Aldi don't have will have to be bought from another shop, ie cereals and Heinz tomato sauce lol
My local Aldi does a decent range of cereals, not brand name stuff but perfectly acceptable quality and a lot cheaper than the likes of Kellogg's.

I am going for my third collection tomorrow a week earlier than l wanted but its a case of grab what slot you can. Last time l queued behind an idiot woman last time who went in to the one way system the wrong way and then collected just two partially filled bags. A waste of a slot is my new expression.
Not enough room in my boot for the stuff l need so it has to go on back seat. I wish the Tesco staff would not ask me to stay in the car as they load it less than an arms length away.
Just had my first ever click and collect from Tesco the staff there told me to stay in car whilst they got my boxes out then stood back whilst I got out and loaded into car all very easy but you can't use your clubcard plus 10% discount.

My local Aldi does a decent range of cereals, not brand name stuff but perfectly acceptable quality and a lot cheaper than the likes of Kellogg's.
I like their sugar puffs and their version of Weetabix but the shredded wheat and in particular, cornflakes can not be replicated, but their porridge in the blue striped package is top quality btw.

The cornflakes copies are the same in all stores, they just don't match Kelloggs and let's be honest they don't even get close.

ASDA eastland have slots from 27th April
Tesco nowt til 4th May
Ocado just tell you to fuck off unless you are on the list
Iceland slots appear for a day or two after

Just had my first ever click and collect from Tesco the staff there told me to stay in car whilst they got my boxes out then stood back whilst I got out and loaded into car all very easy but you can't use your clubcard plus 10% discount.
I should have menioned l have to use a walking aid and they might have been concerned for me standing. A crutch is good for walking but not much good to stop a virus.
I would prefer home delivery but C and C is a great help not only saving me hobbling round the store but also because it means a quick in and out and just dealing with two people close up.

I'll tell you what isn't helping is people who could visit the store still using deliveries.
I have several mates and customers (who in fairness normally use delivery), who haven't given a thought that they shouldn't be using it at the moment.
It started off with a mate ranting on facebook that all these "new twats" nicking his slots. Once pointed out that he is more than capable/fit to go and visit and all these "new twats" just might be vulnerable or in danger, he apologised and said he would stop deliveries until things calm down.
Maybe there should be a campaign to make people more aware?

I believe ASDA have been great working with the authorities. A few of my vulnerable customers have actually been contacted by ASDA directly saying they have been informed they need priority slots. This was without them having made any contact in the first place. Good stuff!

I'll tell you what isn't helping is people who could visit the store still using deliveries.
I have several mates and customers (who in fairness normally use delivery), who haven't given a thought that they shouldn't be using it at the moment.
It started off with a mate ranting on facebook that all these "new twats" nicking his slots. Once pointed out that he is more than capable/fit to go and visit and all these "new twats" just might be vulnerable or in danger, he apologised and said he would stop deliveries until things calm down.
Maybe there should be a campaign to make people more aware?

I believe ASDA have been great working with the authorities. A few of my vulnerable customers have actually been contacted by ASDA directly saying they have been informed they need priority slots. This was without them having made any contact in the first place. Good stuff!
I agree 100% with what you are saying, but Sainsbury's are also contacting the Government list of vulnerable people. Just add in Tesco and Morrisons to do the same and the market is cornered. Theoretically a person on the list could shop at all four stores separately denying three others the opportunity to shop at all.
The list should have been co-oridinated and people given the opportunity to select which store they are going to use freeing up slots at other stores.

The more people we get using online delivery means there are fewer people able to catch the virus, which helps everyone, vulnerable or not, in the long run.

I agree 100% with what you are saying, but Sainsbury's are also contacting the Government list of vulnerable people. Just add in Tesco and Morrisons to do the same and the market is cornered. Theoretically a person on the list could shop at all four stores separately denying three others the opportunity to shop at all.
The list should have been co-oridinated and people given the opportunity to select which store they are going to use freeing up slots at other stores.

The more people we get using online delivery means there are fewer people able to catch the virus, which helps everyone, vulnerable or not, in the long run.

Your right. Hopefully all these lessons are being saved for the next time something like this happens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.