Online PC Gaming

Nebuchadnezzar

I do have other interests aside from computers and games, by the way :P
I just remember seeing a thread a while back about SWTOR and was curious as to what games Bluemooners play, or have played.

Me, i'm a bit of a tightarse where gaming is concerned, and have never played a game that requires a monthly subscription fee.

Games played:

Guild Wars: had all 3 of the first expansions, but in my opinion the developers screwed up...they introduced non-player characters that you could use in your team, and this basically killed the teamplay aspect of the game. Might give Guild Wars 2 a try though, its out next month.

Lord of the Rings Online: Probably the game I have played most, when it became free to play in late 2010. You have to avoid the Roleplayers though...people running around, convinced that they're Gandalf, etc. Spent around £30 on this for expansion packs..it is technically possible to unlock the quest packs without paying, but it requires a LOT of effort and monotony. I have a level 54 on this game, max is 75, and will become 80 in Autumn.

Regnum Online: Frankly, don't bother :P It is a very buggy, clunky game. Great concept though, when you begin the game you choose a realm, then do all the boring levelling up, until you reach level 50ish. Then, you go out and battle the other realms in the "War Zone", a huge plain with forts, towers, and castles to capture. If one realm captures all the buildings of another realm, then you break through their gates and get to pillage their realm and capital, basically. I was shit at this and was only ever on the receiving end of a beating. Used to play it back in 2009, was good entertainment if I was wagging Sixth Form but otherwise, don't bother. The game developers are based in Argentina, and as a result Spanish is the first language of the game, but they've done okay to make it last this long.

What do you play?

BimboBob said:
Depends on where I am.

Got my laptop with me? Then it's football manager, champ manager, that sort of thing.

If the PC is fired up then anything from Battlefield to Settlers.

Nice! I'm just about the only male I know who isn't into online FPS games...however, I used to play "Soldier of Fortune II" with my older cousin, we had a clan with our other cousins and we used to absolutely dominate. Loved that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.