only connect and university challenge

Anything preferable to quizzes where the gaps between questions are so long.

Paxo is great, the way he laughs contemptuously at some hopeless answer. What I hate about UC is when the student who is answering leans forward to speak into the mic as if no one will hear otherwise. I also hate it when a student gives the right answer and then turns to his/her colleagues and smirks self-congatulatorily. It refuses to be dumbed down, unlike Mastermind. And it doesn't spend ages asking contestants "Tell me about yourself- what do you do in your spare time? Where did you meet?" like AA does on Pointless. Like we care!!! Just get on with the bloody questions!!!

I cannot stand smug Victoria Mitchell. I don't need to know her maiden name as well.

Always enjoy watching UC when there is one member of the team who is not answering anything at all- always seems to be sat at one end. The questions keep coming and it goes on and on and on, and you just know that that person is now sweating (I'm letting them all down!) and then, in panic, dives in early, answers incorrectly, and ends up costing the team five points. The rest of the team just stare straight ahead, emotionless, and make absolutely no eye contact whatsoever. Even the mascot looks slightly ashamed.

UC I always like to have a guess at the teams average age. Recent episode average age 21 and one of the poor fookers had less hair than me! Early stages with SOAS and Open Uni still in, average age around 128. Get a job.

Have watched OC since it started on BBC 4, I'm hit and miss on the opening 3 rounds, but I absolutely destroy the missing vowels round.
VCM does have couple of things about her.

Not bothered with UC for a few years.

I agree with an earlier poster about presenter/contestant waffle. NO NEED FOR IT. I was gutted when 15 to 1 finished. When they brought it back, I thought great. IT'S FUCKING SHITE. Almost like a coffe morning, with all the informal chat.

Only connect great University challenge a bunch of tax dodgers parasites on society

Have watched OC since it started on BBC 4, I'm hit and miss on the opening 3 rounds, but I absolutely destroy the missing vowels round.
VCM does have couple of things about her.

Not bothered with UC for a few years.

I agree with an earlier poster about presenter/contestant waffle. NO NEED FOR IT. I was gutted when 15 to 1 finished. When they brought it back, I thought great. IT'S FUCKING SHITE. Almost like a coffe morning, with all the informal chat.
You seem quite angry about something, would you like to talk about it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.