only the 7th January

Neil McNab's Tash

It's only the 7th of Jan, but I am a little concerned that all has gone very quiet on our transfer activity.

I accept that we have to be patient and to see the pool of dross players we have improve over the next few weeks will be a massive bonus.

However, our next 4/5 fixtures are THE most important of our season, we are capable of beating any side in this league on our day, with the issues within the squad and players seemingly wanting rid of the manager, the instability of the playing side has to be a major concern.

If we are not a minimum 9/10 points better off by the end of the Stoke game we could be in for a real battle and I'm afraid that our current squad haven't got the fight for a relegation dogfight.

That's why i am very surprised that we haven't signed players quicker, the standard of those players can also be questioned, but look at what we currently have and what's been suggested, i personally feel the squad will be more equipped for the dirty work if the current mentioned players are brought on-board, it might only be short-termist, we should be finishing in the top 10 this season, no argument.

I might be proved totally wrong and hope that I am but to go into the Pompey game with just Wayne Bridge as a new player is worrying.

I'd rather make no signings that bad signings, so I'm not too bothered at the moment.

The loss of SWP will hurt us the most , he is one of a very few I would suggest that is up for a scrap and has the ablity to open up a defence as well.

I hope we don't lose him for the next 5 weeks and he comes back quicker than expected but in any case we need more steel in our midfield and we need 2 decent players in that area to come in January sooner rather than later in the month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.