Ooni Pizza oven

Fred_Quimby

Anyone got one of these? I am thinking of this on

Ooni Karu 2 Pro Multi-Fuel Pizza Oven​

Not just interested in pizza but I make my own bread and I could see us using for lots of other things as well - Sunday roasts, steak, casseroles etc.

What has been your experience of them? I suppose this goes for those people with a wood fired oven as well.

Not just interested in pizza but I make my own bread and I could see us using for lots of other things as well - Sunday roasts, steak, casseroles etc.

What has been your experience of them? I suppose this goes for those people with a wood fired oven as well.
I have the basic wood fired pizza oven which makes very good pizzas.I certainly wouldn't want to use it for baking bread or other cooking as maintaining temperature with the wooden pellets can be difficult. The temp control on the multifuel may well be better.
I do bake a lot of my own bread but just use our regular oven.

We have one and it's great for pizza with wood or gas. If you want to do bread get a bread machine.

Tbh mate that's nowhere near as much of a problem as the damage a bread machine can do to your waistline. Fresh bread is both hard to resist and hard to slice thinly!
I make mine from first principles not a bread machine and you are absolutely correct about both 'hard to resist...and slice thinly' especially when it first comes out of the oven.

Tbh mate that's nowhere near as much of a problem as the damage a bread machine can do to your waistline. Fresh bread is both hard to resist and hard to slice thinly!
Yep I'm being a bit tongue in cheek. Used to use the bread machine a lot when the kids were at home. Bake my own sourdough now in the oven which works well.

I make mine from first principles not a bread machine and you are absolutely correct about both 'hard to resist...and slice thinly' especially when it first comes out of the oven.
I think for proper bread you'll find the heat too uneven on the ooni mate. It's quite fierce at the back - not an issue with pizza as you just flip it round after a couple of mins, but with bread I think half would end up burned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.