Open University

blue-trig

Has anyone done anything with the Open University? I'm looking at doing a degree with them and wanted to see what they are like.

I did a 30 point course with them a few years ago to try and fill up my uni application a bit but I dont think it was really worth the time/money spent on it. That's not a criticism of the University though. My mum did a full degree and speaks very highly of them.

My brother spent time in Wymott. Spoke very highly of it and said it was a doodle compared to his stays Risley and Strangeways.

strongbowholic said:
My brother spent time in Wymott. Spoke very highly of it and said it was a doodle compared to his stays Risley and Strangeways.

My brother quite enjoyed his time in Strangeways.

I topped up my degree with the OU a few years back. The materials are excellent and so is the support from tutors etc. It is a lot of work, but it's worth it.

It's a good uni and, as rarely found in the online universities spectrum, a highly reputable one. I've met several OU alumni in the past who were professional and bright lads.

I did one diploma course that I meant to articulate to a higher qualification as they have that kind of articulation that allows you to take things steps at a time rather than jumping on a full degree. Never did complete it because i had other things happening at the same time. but will definitely be jumping back into it once everything else settles.

the way the programmes are run, well at least mine, were fit for purpose but of course there is a need to do own reading, a lot of this actually.

I've just done an OU exam this very afternoon! I think they are excellent (much better than when I first tried to get my degree at Newcastle many moons ago), and an OU graduate tends to be highly thought of by future employers because it shows a real level of dedication and desire to self improve. The materials, tutors and support are all first rate, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Forgot to say that you can do exam based courses or essay based ones with a long dissertation type essay at the end. Some people 'freeze' in an exam situation so the essay type submission can work well for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.