Opinions on the Barca game

bluemc1

I am more than happy with how we are doing ( how couldn't i be ) and i said early on in the season about MP i don't mind the few mistakes he might be making as i could see light at the end as long as he learns from them, for me he has shown he has and has done quickly, the big one for me though is has he learned from the home tie with Bayern ? i feel if we go 4-4-2 v Barca we will get ripped apart, i know its hard to leave Negredo out but sometimes we have to make these big decisions as Pep did leaving his top striker out for the tie V us.
just wanted to get a few opinions on how people think we should set up ?

all that matters is the away goal.

nil nil is fine.

8 nil is better and anything in between.

but it's not conceding is the first consideration.

4-5-1

Defense is key.

I can't see barca stopping us from scoring. So if we can keep a clean sheet at home what ever the score line is then imo we stand a better chance to get through to the next round !

watched a couple of barca games recently , and they are not at their best , if we take a lead to the nou camp , we can do it.

In a perfect world a two goal lead to bring to the away leg would be awesome. We are always capable of scoring, and with Barca now more vulnerable than in recent times, another away goal would do it for us. Anything less than a 2-0 at home would be shaky to say the least

Got to play 4-4-2, as long as either Fernandhino or Garcia is told to screen the defense (which is technically 5-3-2)

How we deal with being pressed? Thats a big concern because they dont do it like Soton but 10 times better with world class players...

vintiz said:
4-5-1

Defense is key.

I can't see barca stopping us from scoring. So if we can keep a clean sheet at home what ever the score line is then imo we stand a better chance to get through to the next round !

Barcelona have struggled against teams playing 442 this year
The key is to press barca so they don't have time on the ball and when we have the ball is attack the centre backs as they hate playing against 2 strikers

I was a 4-5-1 bottle job ****.

But let's just play the system we're well versed in, that lets us field 6 fantastic attackers, and see what happens.

If we have a lead to defend going into the second leg then we'll go 4-5-1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.