Opposition view: Aston Villa

Ric

Administrator
Ahead of Tuesday’s encounter against Aston Villa at The Etihad, Bluemoon caught up with Damian from The Villa Blog and Stuart from A Villa Fan to get the lowdown on the opposition…

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/09/24/opposition-view-aston-villa-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... n-villa-2/</a>

Ric said:
Ahead of Tuesday’s encounter against Aston Villa at The Etihad, Bluemoon caught up with Damian from The Villa Blog and Stuart from A Villa Fan to get the lowdown on the opposition…

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/09/24/opposition-view-aston-villa-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... n-villa-2/</a>

i feel for villa fans, i really do, but for our owner we could be in a worse state than them.

sorry if this seems patronising its not meant to.

Interesting to see all these other clubs' fans' opinion of us. They all have a similar theme. I've not really seen much of a change in our fanbase but I don't live outside Greater Manchester so maybe our shirts are coming out of the woodwork around the country. I also don't really see the difference bewteen our and Villa's situation. It's just that our Billionaire owners are better than theirs.

My mate is a Villa fan and he's saying they're gonna go down or there abouts.
If we don't get a convincing win against them, then I fear a bit of worry and lack of confidence might spread amongst the players. I do believe we have it in us, they have played some tough games already, I can feel a proper demolishing of a team in the near future to put the shits up the rest. Come on city. Play like we all know you can !!
CTID.

I'm not so sure Damian of The Villa Blog is living in the same reality as the rest of us. Now, I'm aware this was written before their 4-1 battering at the mighty Southampton, but Villa have never been even close to a top 8 side. They have a squad made up of some very average players indeed. Villa's best finish will be a mid-table one, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them finish in 15th or 16th position. Reading, Southampton, Swansea and Norwich will be below them, but I don't think too may others will be.

cheddar404 said:
Interesting to see all these other clubs' fans' opinion of us. They all have a similar theme. I've not really seen much of a change in our fanbase but I don't live outside Greater Manchester so maybe our shirts are coming out of the woodwork around the country. I also don't really see the difference bewteen our and Villa's situation. It's just that our Billionaire owners are better than theirs.

I think a lot of fans watched the rise of Chelski and the growth of their fanbase, and now bracket you and your fans with them and theirs. It must be a price worth paying for the team you've got now.

matty barton said:
cheddar404 said:

I think a lot of fans watched the rise of Chelski and the growth of their fanbase, and now bracket you and your fans with them and theirs. It must be a price worth paying for the team you've got now.

Don't even give it a second thought, TBH. Literally, none of us care who we're bracketed with .

Love the fans optimism, but as i remember thinking when i read a similar piece pre Blackburn away last season where they though mid table was on, i cant help but seeing them go down.

Too much mediocraty

I think Villa are going down this year which is sad as I quite like them but I don't think there's 3 worse teams than them in the league.

I do wonder if Damian does know plenty of City fans who hated what Chelsea did though? I loved it because they were another set of chellengers for the scum when we had no chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.