Orlando, Fl - Places to stay?

markbmcfc

Looking at going to Orlando with the Mrs for the school holidays in April. Villa's\Condo's seem much cheaper than the hotel route. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations on Villas, had one themselves, or friends have one etc.

Looking in the disney area. Plenty of choice already for reasonable $, but just wanted to check the knowledge base that is Bluemoon for recommendations :)

Thanks

We go in October. Booked a 4 bedroom villa on Veranda Palms estate. Ideal location for all the parks. Booked online with Panoramic Villas who are based in Crewe.
Have a look at their website plenty of choices for you.

Planning our trip for Feb 2017 already, Christ it's a lot more expensive than it used to be $17 a day just to park at Disney! Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.

I stayed on International drive,very reasonably priced,need a hire car though and the parks are reasonably close,bar Busch Gardens obviously.
They also have a bus called I-Ride,think that's what it's called,they were at the time $1.25,no matter how far you wanted to go and kids were free,used these to get to a couple of parks.
If you do drive to Tampa for Busch Gardens,about 30minutes past Tampa is Clearwater Beach,I ALWAYS stay there for a few nights,love it.

Last edited:
Went at Easter and we hired this place...

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/davenport/247906

5 double beds, heated pool etc etc.

Around a 20 minute drive from Disney in a secluded community with local shops. Was a nice bolt hole from the madness!

If you are doing all the parks, we did, then you must get a fast pass, and buy them early. They go up in price the nearer to the holidays.

We used Argus for car hire (used with Avis) and got a topless Mustang for around 300 quid for the 2 weeks.

Booked Vista Cay villa's / condo's which look the dogs, but don't go until April ourselves mate, so can't be definitive.

I stayed on International drive,very reasonably priced,need a hire car though and the parks are reasonably close,bar Busch Gardens obviously.
They also have a bus called I-Ride,think that's what it's called,they were at the time $1.25,no matter how far you wanted to go and kids were free,used these to get to a couple of parks.
If you do drive to Tampa for Busch Gardens,about 30minutes past Tampa is Clearwater Beach,I ALWAYS stay there for a few nights,love it.
Top tips indeed.
Even with kids I cant understand why people would stay in Orlando for more than 2 days...it is like Blackpool (minus the sea) with palm trees. And expensive.
Clearwater is definitely worth a day on the beach or more (or drive down to Treasure Island or St Petersburg beaches)

Top tips indeed.
Even with kids I cant understand why people would stay in Orlando for more than 2 days...it is like Blackpool (minus the sea) with palm trees. And expensive.
Clearwater is definitely worth a day on the beach or more (or drive down to Treasure Island or St Petersburg beaches)

You haven't been to Blackpool for a while...

To be fair, I would imagine most of those who visit Florida spend the vast majority of their time sleeping and in the parks.

I'm going next month(October ) been a few times always in villas,but as mes says you have toget away from Orlando even if it's for a few days ,get to the beach and chill Clearwater or Sarasota are great places think I might try cocoa beach this time,a couple of times we did a week in Orlando then a week somewhere else,the keys were stunning ,St petes beaches fantastic, we booked our villas from orlando4villas they have an office in worsley very helpful and hundreds to choose from,also I have always bought the park tickets before I went found them to be cheaper but others might tell you different ,what I will say is driving over there i find is easy don't mind it at all once you get used to it, anyway enjoy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.