Orri Oskarsson?

First: after hearing peps post match press i dont think anyone will come in

Second: "The reigning Premier League champions now seem unlikely to pursue a deal for the 19-year-old striker but they are firm admirers and he is set to depart Copenhagen before the summer transfer window closes" this reads like a draft of a rumor it was supposed to be released last thursday. Ornestein even mentions Porto's interest and they just signed two strikers in the last 48 hours, so, this is a nothingburger

Girona was heavily linked to him earlier in the window. Seems like CFG has done their homework. Don't really know much about him but let's see what happens.

Any relation to Arni Arason?

Sounds like his Swedish cousin.
Most Icelandic names sound kind of similar, its because Iceland still (mostly) use the old traditional Scandinavian naming system that once all Scandinavian countries used for last names. The father dont give his children his last name, he gives his children his first name as their last name adding "-son" if it's a boy or "-dottir" if it's a girl. Like in this scenario, Orris father is named Óskar Þorvaldsson, meaning his son's last name will be Óskarsson, not Þorvaldsson. Orri Óskarsson = Orri, Óskars son.

Yeah off topic and nobody cares but it took me 30 seconds to write so posted it anyway :)

Last edited:
First: after hearing peps post match press i dont think anyone will come in

Second: "The reigning Premier League champions now seem unlikely to pursue a deal for the 19-year-old striker but they are firm admirers and he is set to depart Copenhagen before the summer transfer window closes" this reads like a draft of a rumor it was supposed to be released last thursday. Ornestein even mentions Porto's interest and they just signed two strikers in the last 48 hours, so, this is a nothingburger
So basically Ornstein is saying "Óskarsson is likely to depart before the window closes and it's unlikely that City will sign him". Well thanks for that incredibly useful information Ornstein, transfer journalists are now "breaking" "exclusives" about which players we wont sign!

Most Icelandic names sound kind of similar, its because Iceland still (mostly) use the old traditional Scandinavian naming system that once all Scandinavian countries used for last names. The father dont give his children his last name, he gives his children his first name as their last name adding "-son" if it's a boy and "-dottir" if it's a girl. Like in this scenario, Orris father is named Óskar Þorvaldsson, meaning his son's last name will be Óskarsson, not Þorvaldsson. Orri Óskarsson = Orri, Óskars son.

Yeah off topic and nobody cares but it took me 30 seconds to write so posted it anyway :)
I found it interesting if that's any consolation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.