Oslo Bombing.

hnic said:
The shooter at Utøya Island had a 'Nordic' appearance is the last eyewitness reports, as well as he enticed people over to him before he started shooting..

WTF, well thats put a spanner in the works of my theory

It's weird, i just really struggle to think of nordic lads going nuts like that.

Edit: Oh shit hnic that vid is pretty mad. Looks like a level of cod or something. Amazing so few fatalities really looking at that video.

hnic said:
http://youtu.be/Ql6vc0l2rpQ

-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:00 pm --

tueartsboots said:
hnic said:
The shooter at Utøya Island had a 'Nordic' appearance is the last eyewitness reports, as well as he enticed people over to him before he started shooting..
Reports here say he was in Police uniform, so no wonder people went to him. That is so low.

Yes, just hope nobody was killed out there.
Holy fuck

Eyewitness on Utøya reported at least four shot and killed. People started swimming away from the island in panic. The gunman has been arrested.

They are reporting several dead at Utøya now.

Eyewitness guessing 30+ killed at Utøya now. Insane! :(

Horrible that video, there is still stuff falling from the sky. This must have been one huge car bomb. I also doubt very much that the car that was pushed up around the concrete being shown on the news, was the car the bomb was planted in. It will have been blown into nothing.

The mayor of Oslo made an amazing speech/interview on NRK TV earlier today.

Said that those responsible aim to make Norway scared and closed and if we don't keep our society and minds open and accepting towards fellow humans they will have won.
Said those responsible will never defeat us and that we'll grow stronger and stay united.

Those who died today will not have died in vain - they will stand as role models for us to care about even more about our fellow human beings and make Norway/Oslo even better!

Said he'd wish he could have been killed at Utoya himself instead of the innocent children, wish he could swap places with them.

the--dud said:

Said that those responsible aim to make Norway scared and closed and if we don't keep our society and minds open and accepting towards fellow humans they will have won.
Said those responsible will never defeat us and that we'll grow stronger and stay united.

Those who died today will not have died in vain - they will stand as role models for us to care about even more about our fellow human beings and make Norway/Oslo even better!

Said he'd wish he could have been killed at Utoya himself instead of the innocent children, wish he could swap places with them.

Thats a decent sentiment of him, ours would never be so "human" in such an address.

TCIB said:
the--dud said:

Thats a decent sentiment of him, ours would never be so "human" in such an address.

Yeah it's pretty much like I said on twitter earlier today: "Norway may have lost its innocence but we won't abandon our uniquely open democracy & belief in peaceful resolutions & the good of humankind"

the--dud said:
TCIB said:
the--dud said:

Yeah it's pretty much like I said on twitter earlier today: "Norway may have lost its innocence but we won't abandon our uniquely open democracy & belief in peaceful resolutions & the good of humankind"

Im going to move to Norway...

Update:
Norwegian Foreign Minister confirmed to BBC that assailant at Utoya was of "nordic appearance".
Jonas Gahr Støre also said roughly: "we won't abandon our values of free democracy and an open society. Will fight and do whatever it takes to keep them"

Reports from people who was at Utoya all say there was a lot more dead than the 9-10 reported in media :( So sad, they're all kids. People running into the freezing water trying to get away from it. The waters around the island hasn't been searched yet.
The "police man" went on the same ferry to the island as youths - supposedly said he was there on security detail due to the bomb in Oslo :(

News agency NTB says police do NOT think this is international terrorism.
NTB is Norway's answer to Reuters/AP - hugely serious and respected news agency.

Anyone of you that enjoy reading the amazing footballing website inbedwithmaradona.com could you keep in mind one of their Norwegian writers Preben Walle.
Have a look at his twitter timeline to see what I'm talking about: <a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/#!/Ohpebbles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/#!/Ohpebbles</a>.
He wrote earlier today:
Oh no.. Just been told that my friend is alive, but critically injured.. Don't know what to do.

@Caddies one of them still missing, but one of them safe. Mentally scared from seeing death in the eye, but physically fine.

You have been amazing to me, and my fellow Norwegians, today. I want to thank the world on behalf of every Norwegian.

Finally got hold of one of my friends. She's physically okay, but mentally scarred. She's seen dead people, and she's sixteen years old.
(top-most "tweet" is latest, bottom is oldest)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.