Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic but was anyone else a bit fearful for the future of Denayer when the team was announced on Monday night?

It was the first time it had dawned on me that Kompany and Mangala seem almost undroppable due to one being the captain and the other being a £30m+ defensive signing who we almost need to prove was a good investment. That leaves Denayer as at best 3rd choice CB for the season, and as things transpired, MDM came on in a midfield role so potentially will get more minutes this season.

I got a sinking feeling that he could want out soon if he doesn't get minutes, especially after being such a key member of Celtic's first team last year.

I think Denayer is probably very well aware of his standing within the squad this season. The fact the club haven't opted to loan him out and have given him a long term deal tells him and us that he is very much in our future plans. This season and possibly next he might have to make do with limited game time, but I am sure he is well aware of that.

Mangala is very droppable, you only have to look at last season for that. You could argue he was dropped too many times and it didn't allow him to bed in properly.
Kompany was pretty shit last season lets be honest! He has virtually admitted so himself! We can't afford to carry anyone in our team these days, if Kompany is having a mare of a season, I fully expect him to be dropped!

Demichelis isn't a long term threat to Denayer at all and Denayer will actually just benefit from training with and being around Demichelis.

Dante and Pepe are 4 and 3 years younger than Demichelis respectively. They are closer to Vinny's age.

Trading Otamendi for MD is an obvious upgrade. He's 27 and could be a part of the team for 5 years easily. Especially if there's any truth to the idea MD fancying a move back to River Plate.

Also you talk of babies - When you say things like "I can't express how disappointed I'd be with this transfer" about a excellent defender we could only dream about 10 years ago joining the team, it does make you sound like a baby.
So its more childish to not throw money around??? sorry i dont understand your logic.

We have the CB's i could only dream about signing 10 years ago .

Graham Hunter spoke to Ger on last night's Off the Ball as rumours persist of some La Liga stars moving to the Premier League.

Valencia's Nicolas Otamendi looks like he is preparing for a move to Manchester, but whether its to City or United remains to be seen. The Argentine's representatives have spoken to both clubs according to Hunter. Valencia have a high buy out clause for the defender at €50million and that seems to be what is slowing down any potential deal.

Most sensible people would accept that with over 60 matches slated between now and Mid May 2016, especially if we are successful in Cup competitions, Denayer would be expecting plenty of playing time. especially the early rounds of the Carling and FA Cup runs.

Allowing for suspensions, injuries, general tiredness and occasional rotation, we need the full quota of quality defenders.

On that basis, if finances permit, Otamendi makes perfect sense.

Some very strange thinking on here of late!!

http://www.plazadeportiva.com/ver/3...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

VICENTE FUSTER. TODAY United and City have revived their interest in incorporating the Argentine Central this season. The technician tested with Vezo in the 'scrimmage' so the future of Otamendi points away from Mestalla

VALENCIA. Premier League returns to the fray to gain the services of Nicolas Otamendi this season and has taken out stronger than ever in the last hours. After the interest of major clubs in Europe will focus on the future of Sergio Ramos, which will renew with Real Madrid until June 2020, Manchester United and Manchester City have revived their interest in incorporating the Argentine Central.

The 'network evils' that start with an advantage over Manchester City in the negotiations with the player, try to close the transaction around 40 million. Therefore, this difference of ten million in relation to the demands of the Mestalla club, cause Otamendi although output has recovered strongly in the last few hours, there are still some factors to negotiate for there to be a 'white smoke'.

Tolmie said that there is something to this, and that Mangala is mooted for a possible move the other way.

I know this would be an unpopular view, but it is conceivable that Txiki thinks that Otamendi is a better player than Mangala. The other relevant issue is the age of Demichelis, and Vinny's tendency to break down with injuries.

So it me I can see the sense to this, and if it meant Mangala going the other way then I personally wouldn't have a problem with that. I am stil not convinced that Mangala is the right player for our European adventures this season.

Tolmie said that there is something to this, and that Mangala is mooted for a possible move the other way.

I know this would be an unpopular view, but it is conceivable that Txiki thinks that Otamendi is a better player than Mangala. The other relevant issue is the age of Demichelis, and Vinny's tendency to break down with injuries.

So it me I can see the sense to this, and if it meant Mangala going the other way then I personally wouldn't have a problem with that. I am stil not convinced that Mangala is the right player for our European adventures this season.

If anything, I would expect us to keep and further develop Managala. To make way, I could see Martin taking a back seat. Irrespective of injuries, there are more than enough games in the season to keep everyone happy.

Don't know if its true but MDM is apparently staying in a hotel, seems strange if true. Maybe has plans to move on.

we shouldn't even be lookng to move on mangala . he looked improved towards the end of last season and even on opening day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.