Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he could well be off in the summer. I was surprised he signed a new deal last summer to be honest, but in hindsight I reckon it was to make sure we got a decent fee for a very good player.

Have Barcelona got a decent spare left back?

I'm happy with the cover we have at Centre Half. First choice Laporte and Stones. Then Kompany, Garcia, Sandler, Ferandinho and Danilo could all step in if needed. We have much better cover in this position than we do at left back.

It is a little problem with our strategy that world class players do not want to be the second choice. Having a smattering of young players in the squad could avoid this situation.

It is a little problem with our strategy that world class players do not want to be the second choice. Having a smattering of young players in the squad could avoid this situation.
Its a fine line as we need to try and maintain the same level of performance at team level when substitutes are used. With so many games per season, I dont think having two quality players is such an issue

Its a fine line as we need to try and maintain the same level of performance at team level when substitutes are used. With so many games per season, I dont think having two quality players is such an issue

The difficulty for Ota is that he is 30, and coming off the back of a season where he was probably numero uno. Finding yourself then in the position he is, is understandably a little disappointing.

The difficulty for Ota is that he is 30, and coming off the back of a season where he was probably numero uno. Finding yourself then in the position he is, is understandably a little disappointing.
Of course it must be and, I think he may well move on (possibly not this window) but next summer. He has been a great signing and deserves to be playing regular football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.