Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds to me increasingly like accountants are deciding are transfer policy? I agree with behaving financially responsibly, but football performance should be key, Ota is still 31 and IMO is an undervalued member of our squad.
But the key point being he wants game time.i think he will go athletico and if we get 25 mill its a good deal for us.

But the key point being he wants game time.i think he will go athletico and if we get 25 mill its a good deal for us.
Yeah I have no problem if he's unhappy to stay, as long as we aren't pushing him out for financial reasons, ignoring his experience and talent. Squad harmony is vital.

You’re not bothered about squad harmony when it comes to the De Ligt signing.
That's not true. I think our squad would appreciate having the best players available so together they can win as much as possible. Even if the very best players are understandably on more money.

What frustrated me with De Ligt was that it appeared we weren't at the table and there was insufficient appreciation of his achievements and exceptional talent.

I realise we can't buy everyone, and we don't necessarily know what goes on behind the scenes.

That's not true. I think our squad would appreciate having the best players available so together they can win as much as possible. Even if the very best players are understandably on more money.

What frustrated me with De Ligt was that it appeared we weren't at the table and there was insufficient appreciation of his achievements and exceptional talent.

I realise we can't buy everyone, and we don't necessarily know what goes on behind the scenes.
You were and still are advocating paying De Ligt, a 19 year old who in the grand scheme of things has done absolutely fuck all in football, the same as our big earners like Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo, Ederson, Laporte etc. because you see him as an exceptional generational talent or some bullshit.

Not one of those players mentioned signed in the last 3-4 years came on huge money, they came in and proved their worth and got their original contracts extended and improved within 12 months in some cases.

If you genuinely think those players will be happy seeing a 19 year who has done fuck all come in on the same money as them you’re fucking deluded. He’s got a lot to prove (e.g forcing his way into a league title winning team) before he justifies that sort of respect and money.

You were and still are advocating paying De Ligt, a 19 year old who in the grand scheme of things has done absolutely fuck all in football, the same as our big earners like Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo, Ederson, Laporte etc. because you see him as an exceptional generational talent or some bullshit.

Not one of those players mentioned signed in the last 3-4 years came on huge money, they came in and proved their worth and got their original contracts extended and improved within 12 months in some cases.

If you genuinely think those players will be happy seeing a 19 year who has done fuck all come in on the same money as them you’re fucking deluded. He’s got a lot to prove (e.g forcing his way into a league title winning team) before he justifies that sort of respect and money.

Exactly what Khaldoon said in his interview. You get an upgraded contract when you have proved you have deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.