Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how bad John Terry was trying to play a high line under Vilas Boas? lol

If Ota is a makeweight for a defensive midfield signing that makes the deal go through then it is a sensible move but we would have to be sure of getting another CB in who could slot into our system. I would be happy for him to stay tbh.

Presumably, if Otamendi is used a makeweight for Rodri, then Fernandinho can rotate and play some games at center-half, which means all we have to do is bring in one top quality center-half, but one who must be as comfortable playing on the left. Where art thou JFE? ...

You were and still are advocating paying De Ligt, a 19 year old who in the grand scheme of things has done absolutely fuck all in football, the same as our big earners like Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo, Ederson, Laporte etc. because you see him as an exceptional generational talent or some bullshit.

Not one of those players mentioned signed in the last 3-4 years came on huge money, they came in and proved their worth and got their original contracts extended and improved within 12 months in some cases.

If you genuinely think those players will be happy seeing a 19 year who has done fuck all come in on the same money as them you’re fucking deluded. He’s got a lot to prove (e.g forcing his way into a league title winning team) before he justifies that sort of respect and money.
For a 19 year old he's achieved incredible things, captain of his club, which knocked out Real Madrid and Juventus, in the CL, (he scored the winning goal against Juve.), and almost reached the CL final.
Youngest ever player to reach 100 caps for Ajax,youngest ever captain in a CL knockout match, youngest ever player to appear in a major European final.
He's just won the prestigious under 21 Golden boy award, the first time it's ever been given to a defender. Previous winners are Messi, Sergio and Mbappe.

He's going to be an incredible talent at whichever club he ends up. But all this is off topic, this is the Otamendi thread. You don't recognise his worth.

I think we will just have to agree to differ over this one.

For a 19 year old he's achieved incredible things, captain of his club, which knocked out Real Madrid and Juventus, in the CL, (he scored the winning goal against Juve.), and almost reached the CL final.
Youngest ever player to reach 100 caps for Ajax,youngest ever captain in a CL knockout match, youngest ever player to appear in a major European final.
He's just won the prestigious under 21 Golden boy award, the first time it's ever been given to a defender. Previous winners are Messi, Sergio and Mbappe.

He's going to be an incredible talent at whichever club he ends up. But all this is off topic, this is the Otamendi thread. You don't recognise his worth.

I think we will just have to agree to differ over this one.
So he’s won a golden boy trophy, congratulations. Phil Foden has won a U17 World Cup, does that mean he can command the same wages as Sergio?

Back to Otamendi, he stays we don’t need another centre back.

I've not seen a single quote from otto that he's leaving or is this all a shiny new toy thing for transfer day

He doesn't strike me as someone demonstrative or someone likely to cause problems, but during the season, Guardiola underlined that there were players who were, naturally, unhappy at not playing as much and that he would not stand in their way should they wish to leave to find that opportunity elsewhere. Couple that with the fact that Otamendi and Danilo were given 'farewell' substitutions in the final minutes at Brighton, an act which I always consider a professional courtesy between manager and player and one of significance, then it's fair to presume that both will depart.

I don’t see a great difference in quality between Otamendi and Maguire. I hope he stays.

I don’t see a great difference in quality between Otamendi and Maguire. I hope he stays.
Agreed. If we can't get de Ligt we should just keep Otamendi and promote Garcia or use Fernandinho as the fourth centerback. Buying Maguire for anywhere close to Leicester's valuation is insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.