Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be great if he stayed. If Gundo and Ota is staying, and we won’t pay Felix’s release clause, are we even going to sign anyone else than Rodri? Don’t think we need many new players tbh

We don’t need many new faces right now but bringing in just 1 player a year catches up with you pretty quickly. Within 2 seasons we’ve got to replace Kompany, Fernandinho, silva and Aguero plus whoever else we may deem surplus to requirements. That’s a practically irreplaceable core and something we can’t do all in one go.

And that’s also without even considering the strong possibility of a transfer ban coming in which we will have to plan for as I don’t think there’s a team that has successfully overturned one yet and seems inevitable.

We need to be bringing in the future now. Kompany and dinho replacement is the absolute bare minimum this window, along with replacements for any other leavers such as sane and Otamendi.

a potential replacement for either silva or Aguero too would be preferable this window to allow for bedding in periods and any dud buys.

For a 19 year old he's achieved incredible things, captain of his club, which knocked out Real Madrid and Juventus, in the CL, (he scored the winning goal against Juve.), and almost reached the CL final.
Youngest ever player to reach 100 caps for Ajax,youngest ever captain in a CL knockout match, youngest ever player to appear in a major European final.
He's just won the prestigious under 21 Golden boy award, the first time it's ever been given to a defender. Previous winners are Messi, Sergio and Mbappe.

He's going to be an incredible talent at whichever club he ends up. But all this is off topic, this is the Otamendi thread. You don't recognise his worth.

I think we will just have to agree to differ over this one.
You speak so plainly :)

We don’t need many new faces right now but bringing in just 1 player a year catches up with you pretty quickly. Within 2 seasons we’ve got to replace Kompany, Fernandinho, silva and Aguero plus whoever else we may deem surplus to requirements. That’s a practically irreplaceable core and something we can’t do all in one go.

And that’s also without even considering the strong possibility of a transfer ban coming in which we will have to plan for as I don’t think there’s a team that has successfully overturned one yet and seems inevitable.

We need to be bringing in the future now. Kompany and dinho replacement is the absolute bare minimum this window, along with replacements for any other leavers such as sane and Otamendi.

a potential replacement for either silva or Aguero too would be preferable this window to allow for bedding in periods and any dud buys.
Sergio said yesterday he has 2 more years here,we have gundy,phil and bernie to share daves role as he plays less next year,if nico stays we are ok CB wise for next season with one of the kids to promote,i think we need dinho's back up now,what happens the season after i haven't a scooby

I'd be disappointed if we let him go, we can't really afford to with Vinny leaving.

I'd be disappointed if we let him go, we can't really afford to with Vinny leaving.

Great servant to the club but if we can get a good price for him and know we can sign De Ligt I can see the club making it.

We know that whilst for fans its magic for players like Yaya, Vinnie, David and Sergio leaving on free transfers at the end of the service its not financially as sensible / affects the balance sheet letting an asset slip off - so with that in mind I think the club will view this as an opportunity to buck that trend without causing as much of an uproar as if a legend was being moved on.

With a generational talent like De Ligt on the market, that 25 million would suddenly make him considerably more affordable (or god forbid Maguire). With a superb keeper, strong pairing already in Stones and Laporte and a very very promising youngster in Garcia the defence can probably cope without the experience for a season or two as well.

Ota might also view it as a chance for a big last payday, having already signed what is very likely his last deal with City last year anyway.

Letting him go without having a centerback incoming wrapped up is malpractice in my opinion. We're really going to let Vinny and Otamendi leave while Leicester are demanding silly money for Harry Maguire and no other known targets?

Letting him go without having a centerback incoming wrapped up is malpractice in my opinion. We're really going to let Vinny and Otamendi leave while Leicester are demanding silly money for Harry Maguire and no other known targets?

I’m sure City will have a long list of potential targets and will have a strategy to replace Vinny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.