Otamendi

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by nimrod, 25 Jan 2019.

1. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Lack of pace,poor passing and bad decision making are all too frequent with Otamendi.

He has been a very good signing but his role as current first choice replacement is worrying.

2. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Have to agree. Probably not a good sign for him when one his biggest champions on the forum (myself) thinks he needs to go and that's a tough pill for me to swallow. He'll go down for many as a cult hero in some respects. I highly doubt many remember 10 years from now that he made a PL TotS. What are you gonna do? c'est la vie

Dax777 likes this.
  3. Goatmeal

Goatmeal

32yo for a proven cb is not old. In his prime
    For what we would get for him it would be better to keep him imo
    I think he has been a solid player. He will get game time

4. 01cravend

01cravend

I mean he was comfortably Argentina's best defender and had a decent game overall. Was just shite for the two goals.

5. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Which is pretty much the problem,his mistakes are usually very costly.

i♥city! and razman like this.
  6. silva_is_god21

silva_is_god21

My thoughts exactly, love ota but if he is 3rd choice I’m worried these days.

7. 7evens

7evens

Ah, I see we're doing that thing again where we panic about a particular player because he wasn't as impressive for his national side as he usually is for us, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary that he's provided us over the last two seasons. How many City players would you genuinely say are as good for their national side as they are for us? A handful at most - Bernardo, Leroy, possibly Sergio, and maybe Sterling in recent months? If we panicked and replaced players based on how they performed for their national sides I doubt we'd have kept any of our English lads after the World Cup, to be honest. Otamendi's progress under Pep has been magnificent and it'll be a sad day when he leaves. In a summer where we should be prioritising the future of our central midfield I'd rather not have to do a massive rebuilding job at the back as well. Kompany going is bad enough but we can cope with that, either by moving Fernandinho into the back four or signing someone to stand in for him. Losing Otamendi as well would leave us needing two new defenders, both of whom would be very expensive when we have priorities in other positions. He's useful at worst, and actually quite impressive when given a run in the side. Argentina have been historically deficient when it comes to defending, I'd say that's more to do with their attitude to the game and the way they're coached as opposed to anything individual. Hope Otamendi stays.

Airbags Optional and mccity like this.
  8. silva_is_god21

silva_is_god21

From my point of view I hope we keep otamendi but add maguire or ake. That way got 2 right sided cbs and 2 left sided.

razman likes this.
  9. i♥city!

i♥city!

Oh come on, it was just 2 goals.

10. The Doctor

The Doctor

He has served us well and I have no problems with him remaining!

remember arthur mann likes this.