Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame really if rumours are true its 60m+ addons of 20m for England and premier league experience player ah well he will get ruined under ole.

Is it a shame? On the Amazon documentary Pep said to KDB to target Maguire as he lacks pace and KDB will find space around him.. maybe it's a big ruse for to get Rags to pay stupid money for a over hyped player so pep, khaldoon, txixi etc can laugh their bollocks off at the rags..

Thought he'd be staying with Vinny gone and maybe no Maguire, but I think he knows he'll never be first choice under Pep due to his weaknesses.

Said this a while back but been a great servant to the club and really stepped up 2 seasons ago during the Centurion season where he got rid of those mind scratching mistakes against most sides and became reliably one of our best defenders. When Laporte arrived the writing was on the wall and Pep always wants a left footed CB for those long balls to switch it to the other flank. Also, Stones was one of "the chosen" so Pep was always going to be more invested in developing him.

Was against Liverpool I believe I recall where you could still see he couldn't quite hack it against the press, even if he is a decent passer for a centre half, he's no Laporte or Stones (when he's on).

No way we are in for Maguire at the fees quoted.

Some mysterious CB we aren't thinking of (I read Ahsan's claim on Twitter) is probably lurking, and Bournemouth will be sweating about losing Ake a lot more now. However, I can't see us going in with Ake and Garcia as the backups as that leaves us very thin on size and strength at the position for the season which spells trouble against the British "2nd balls" style that Pep talks about 24/7 as a concern.

Nicolas Otamendi is keen on returning to Valencia for the new season. Otamendi has the ‘feeling’ that he will no longer play for City, and his idea is to return to the place where he’s once been great. [@DiarioOle via @Sport_Witness]

Otamendi has conquered a starting spot at the national team and should ‘settle’ in the Spanish city, which is ‘his place in the world’. City have an agreement to let him go, and have starting looking for a replacement.

It is agreed that Nicolas Otamendi is only leaving if Manchester City get a certain amount for him.

How much do we reckon - 30 to 40 mill?

Don't wanna see us doing a Delph here

Oh I see the story is we won't sell unless fee is good enough...whatever that is.

How many years left on his contract?

Seems we don't usually hold players back like that though and prefer to let them go even if the fee isn't amazing.

How much do we reckon - 30 to 40 mill?

Don't wanna see us doing a Delph here

I don't think anywhere near that much.

I'm gathering 20-22 if we're lucky.

My sense is 14-18. But what do I know?

It tends to be in Euros to EU clubs right? So £18m = about 20m Euros

I don't think Valencia will want to pay that much for an aging centre half who wants to leave, isn't first choice, and wants to go to them, specifically.

I bet they want to pay 10-12m Euros max so this will drag out.

Last edited:
Oh I see the story is we won't sell unless fee is good enough...whatever that is.

How many years left on his contract?

Seems we don't usually hold players back like that though and prefer to let them go even if the fee isn't amazing.
Nor should we let him go for peanuts. Still a top defender imo

Be utter madness to sell him, we have been gazumped for Maguire and lost Vinny. Crazy if we lose Ota too.

This is not a case of wanting to sell - as with Danilo and Delph, they all want to play and we can all see they will be 2nd choice at best. Pep is not the type to hold players who want to go for good reasons.

We will have a price and that must be met, a requirement that it must be done early so we can replace them (and some clubs we wont sell to) but beyond that if these players can find a club we will let them go.

If Otamendi goes then that opens the door to get an additional player and it might be Cancelo on the basis that we have various players that could play CB at a push - would all depend on who is out there and who we can get. We have certainly tried to line up Cancelo on the assumption that Danilo will get a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.