Nicolas Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm. Delph for (up to) 10m?

I'd love to agree, I really would, but when have we sold a player like a 'business'? iheanacho and diaz maybe.

Negredo, bugger all, got the move he wanted. Hart, bony, jovetic, nolito, navas, boateng, kolarov, etc etc etc, all got moves they wanted for peanuts. Heck we sold Dzeko for 14m (after an initial loan), which we argued was good, two years later Roma nearly sold him for 38m but he refused the move. All played a part for the club, and im happy for them, but the club didn't go for a high fee or flog them off to china like Chelsea for huge amounts.

I'm adamant we shouldn't even consider under 30m for Nico. I'd rather he stayed in fact, as i dont see any replacements of his quality without breaking the bank. And then needing time to settle in. But i do also think folk here are right, we'll prob be get up to 20m for him including add-ons.
We got our money back on negredo

Has years left on his deal.

We don’t need to sell hence if he goes the buying club should pay over the odds. £25m+
That depends doesn't it need to sell financially no we don't. If on the other hand we have identified a replacement and need room in the squad then a move that the player accepts and is happy to make is needed. If that means taking a bit less then it’s worth it.
Plus I keep seeing we aren't any good at selling yet I don't remember a queue of clubs offering to pay more for players we have sold in the past
This is worth a read comparing how we've regenerated our squad compared to united and carried on winning stuff while we’ve done it.
https://www.football365.com/news/f365-says-solskjaer-cant-chop-deadwood-with-hands-tied

If he leaves it's because he wants to. Kind of like how Sancho left because he wanted to. And Vincent left because he wanted to. It is a hard grasp for some around here.

A lot on here have acted the same regarding Danilo. Don't think the club want to offload him, it's about these players wanting more playing time.

A lot on here have acted the same regarding Danilo. Don't think the club want to offload him, it's about these players wanting more playing time.
I don't think the club would be unhappy to see Danilo leave.

according to elgoldigital, City want €25M for Otamendi but Valencia are not willing to pay that but Otamendi is insisting to go to Valencia.

If he does leave for Valencia. I really hope someone reminds Pep that there is a guy at Inter named Skriniar! Boy can he defend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.