Otamendi

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by nimrod, 25 Jan 2019.

1. richards30

richards30

Or we go three at the back more?

2. Gabriel

Gabriel

Guardiola has made it abundantly clear that he won't stand in the way of players if they are unhappy and want out. If there is any more to it than Otamendi simply being disgruntled, I'd imagine we'd move him on quite quickly.

3. bluetonium

bluetonium

Nobody coming in this window means we can't easily afford to let Nico go right now.

What if stones or lapoete get an injury, suspension or need a rest? We could be playing three times a week from next month. Though have a feeling pep may see Danilo as an option at cb if needed too.

It would have to be some offer, along with an assurance that barca don't go for or our intended replacement too, to even consider this. Any replacement we want is going to cost us more anyway.

4. OntarioBlue

OntarioBlue

He is 6ft tall. I know that’s not a midget but it’s not tall for a centre back and there are lots of teams in the premier with players much taller than that. I know he’s good in the air and he has a leap on him but against big players, especially from corners and the like, he’s a bit vulnerable. It’s not a criticism, it’s just an observation.

5. kun

kun

We'd still have Kompany, Sandler and García

6. colesy

colesy

I would be surprised if they would just let him go, without a ready made replacement locked in. Either that, or Pep decides that the replacement would be either Garcia or Sandler.

7. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Then why does he go fwd when we get corners? I personally think your observation is incorrect

Centurions likes this.
  8. OntarioBlue

OntarioBlue

That’s why we have this Forum, so we can exchange views and opinions.

9. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

So why do you think he go fwd for corners?

10. OntarioBlue

OntarioBlue

In all the years I have been playing and watching football (a lot) centre back have always gone forward for corners.

Of course Ota goes forward but I don’t know how you would gauge success. He has played about 106 games for us and scored 6 goals. I’m guessing most, if not all of those were from corners. It’s pretty good but not exactly a stellar record.

Don’t get me wrong I am not having a pop at Otamendi, far from it. I am reacting to the rumour that he may be on his way out. I just feel that if any of our centre back are expendable he’s the one.