Other teams football shirts you own - and why

frimpongs_buzzin

pretty self explanatory thread really.. what other shirts if any do you have any why?

I've got a Juventus shirt from the year they got to the champs league final a few years ago with Tevez on the back. swapped it for a City Nasri one with an italian friend.

I've also got a Croatia one from last world cup, was on a stag do in Spain and we all went as different nations.

and finally, I've got the black PSG shirt from this year with Mbappe on the back. just cos its nice!

PS - before any sarcastic git says it, I know grown men in football shirts isn't a good look, but i dont care.

I had a thing where I would buy the football shirt of each country I'd lived in as a souvenir. But they're all such shit quality that I fucked it off. My (genuine Adidas) Morocco shirt's badge fell off after the first wash. Also the shitter the country is at football, the harder it is to get the shirt, so it just ends up being a massive chore. I've never been able to get one simply by going to the local sports shop and picking one up.

Have got a Brazil shirt from the signing of Robinho, even found a place that could do continental numbering and letters, although I always did fancy buying one tbh.

Was in Buenos Aries when we bought Kun so went out on the hunt for a genuine Argentina shirt with his name on the back. All the shops had the wrong number on the back and I kept telling then it was 16. Eventually bought it from the official store for 90 dollars (eek), and had then put 16 on the back. Then when I wore it at games here got shit off some Neanderthals who felt it was unpatriotic and shouldn’t wear after the battle for the Falklands. My mate who was usually with me, serving in the Royal Navy, asked them had they been there and then told them to fuck off.

I have a Borrussia Monchongladbach shirt. Was on holiday & came across the ground by accident so we stopped and went in the club shop. When they found out we were English they gave me a shirt as a gift. They also gave my son some t shirts & a baseball cap as well as giving us some of the best chocolate cake I have ever had.

I got a West Ham shirt after England won the world Cup in 66, I was a City fan but only 11years old, my uncle was a friend of Geoff Hurst's dad and took me and my brothers to watch them at old Trafford the following season got to meet the team and some of the United players as well brilliant day out for a eleven year old

Got given some as gifts and collect others

Valencia
Fiorentina
Besiktas
Fenerbahce
St Etienne
Bordeuax
Deprtivo Wanka (Peru)
River Plate (Aregntina)
Penarol (Urugauay)
Hearts of Oak (Ghana)
Orlando Pirates (South Africa)
Vancouver Whitecaps
California Surf
Classic 70's Ajax long sleeved
Classic 1970 Brazil
Classic 1966 Portugal
Classic USSR 1970

I only have old fashioned retro shirts, TOFFS style (i.e. usually long sleeved ones with collars that look more like old style rugby shirts).

Apart from 4 different City shirts, the other ones I have are:

Sampdoria
Palermo
Cagliari
Bradford Park Avenue (1950s)
Wycombe Wanderers (1934 amateur cup final)
Wanderers (19th century team)
Luton (circa 1974).

The Luton one is a funny coincidence. I received it from the wife/kids as a birthday present a few years ago, totally out of the blue without any previous hints or discussion with me. The odd thing was that back in the mid 70s I played football for a youth team in Australia that used an ordinary orange top white shorts kit. We did well in the league that year and our coach rewarded us by buying in load of Luton Town kits with the black vertical stripe down the side of the shirt. It was quite a nifty kit for the time, and we all thought we were the dog's bollocks wearing it. Anyway, 40 years later I get the replica kit as a surprise present from the family, totally out of the blue. Apparently they just it looked good on the TOFFs website and chose it at random.

I have a Hamburg away shirt because a family member is a big Hamburg fan, good looking shirt too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.