Ouija Board Experiences

So here's a chance to call me a liar, because it's something I saw with my own eyes. Albeit not linked to oiuji boards.

One night I was walking my dog along the edge of a playing field. We were actually outside the railings. All of a sudden I saw a bright light about 20ft away and 2ft off the ground. Imagine a dog with a torch in its mouth. After bit it started to move. But then it shot to the far end of the field, far faster than even a greyhound could run. I watched it moving about for several minutes, until it vanished. No sound. no sign of anything but this small and very bright light.

Not all things are easy to explain away.

may have been will o the wisp, gas or even the weird ball lightning

Thats either a very good bait or a very honest post. Its difficult to know without knowing you better which.
I will tend to the latter because of my open and honest nature.
You will need when you are ready, to tell your story. Have you told it to others in your life and what was their reaction?
Anyway, I am sure you will agree that fishing is an excellent way to keep equilibrium in your life and your mind. In my instance I took it up to deal with stress at work, a very modern demon. Did it help you?
Ok fair enough mate, we haven't met so I get your doubts. Guys I have met off this forum making friends with several blues may have doubts too. But I doubt any of them would call me a lying bullshitter when I'm being serious on a subject.

My ex wife loves watching horror films and asked me several times to tell her what happened. I never did as I didn't want to frighten her. I think I've told someone or a small group who I didn't know what happened as I overheard them talking about ouija boards and joined in the conversation. But nobody else. It's something I very rarely think about nowadays. I just block it out in my head.

I love getting out fishing (as you know) and it's an excellent stress buster, so more fishing is good for my soul and peace of mind: )

Ok fair enough mate, we haven't met so I get your doubts. Guys I have met off this forum making friends with several blues may have doubts too. But I doubt any of them would call me a lying bullshitter when I'm being serious on a subject.

My ex wife loves watching horror films and asked me several times to tell her what happened. I never did as I didn't want to frighten her. I think I've told someone or a small group who I didn't know what happened as I overheard them talking about ouija boards and joined in the conversation. But nobody else. It's something I very rarely think about nowadays. I just block it out in my head.

I love getting out fishing (as you know) and it's an excellent stress buster, so more fishing is good for my soul and peace of mind: )
Ok mate. Its difficult on a forum that has its own cheeky scamps who like nothing better than a clarkie and wind up of us innocents.

I do believe you have gone through something/s horrible that cant easily be explained. I had my own small story to tell earlier in this thread which has left my mind open to the possibility that there is undoubtedly stuff that we cannot know or comprehend easily that might be explainable in a few hundred years if mankind is still about. If you have successfully
blocked out something traumatic then probably best not to pick at it, so I will stop :-).

I hope to get out on Monday or Tuesday so will update on the angling thread. Have a good one mate.

I would say its a natural mental reaction to your, at the time, employment. The thunder and lightening + the policeman you are already jumpy. Then the mind gets to work.....
Had you been watching the 'Thriller' video beforehand?
Now that would have been something to see, a phalanx of the undead dancing towards you as you fumbled for the key.
Out of interest, did you work in the funeral industry for long?

Quite a good few years, eventually leaving as it was a dead end job, but still have the MBIE and DIPFD to fall back on. Commenced working for a small company in Great Harwood called Birtwistles and was taught fly fishing by the bosses son who was a cracking lad, we used to fish the large reservoirs above Harwood. Worked for a short spell in Clayton Manchester and then the Co-operative funeral services and then worked as a mobile embalmer in the north west. I even thought about setting up on my own and even decided on a trade name with that all important logo. Mobile Embalming services. Keep em stiff, I'll be there in a jiff. Working behind the scenes in the industry was a light hearted affair and totally different to working front line were dignity care and respect were the watchwords. In essence you worked for the bereaved to assist them through the difficult process of saying goodbye to their dearly departed. All of us sadly will one day experience the terrible pain and anguish but it's comforting to know there are people more able to assist and take away the worry of the legalities and organizational aspects at a time while you are less able to function or perform. As for getting out of the industry I made the decision to move on as it was a period when all the smaller funeral homes were getting eaten up by a particular French funeral conglomerate. Things that should not have to change did start to change and the approach to the industry became more profit driven. Dignity another big player came to the fore in the 90's buying up smaller homes and to this day are the co operatives biggest competitor. Even though NAFD at the time tried to encourage transparity it was evident that margins were getting out of control. People don't tend to shop around because they upset and emotional so clear transparency and fair pricing structures should have been paramount and sadly it became more about increasing these margins beyond acceptability than caring for the bereaved. Things have moved on three or four decades later with companies offering simple funerals. There is plenty of evidence that prices are still too high, particularly when compared to margins in the same sector in other countries. Having to offer the bereaved a coffin brochure with absurdly named products called The Kensington The Edwardian or Paisley was just one step too much for me so I bailed. An average price for cremation now with a hearse and one limo is around the £4k mark and more for burial. The old adage of Take A Buttie Don't Take A Banquet springs to mind. Back to ghosts I will believe it when I see one pop up on News At Ten. Until such time I remain in Ghost Denial.

Last edited:
Actually quite a good few years, eventually leaving as it was a dead end job, but still have the MBIE and DIPFD to fall back on. Commenced working for a small company in Great Harwood called Birtwistles and was taught fly fishing by the bosses son who was a cracking lad, we used to fish the large reservoirs above Harwood. Worked for a short spell in Clayton Manchester and then the Co-operative funeral services and then worked as a mobile embalmer in the north west. I even thought about setting up on my own and even decided on a trade name with that all important logo. Mobile Embalming services. Keep em stiff, I'll be there in a jiff. Working behind the scenes in the industry was a light hearted affair and totally different to working front line were dignity care and respect were the watchwords. In essence you worked for the bereaved to assist them through the difficult process of saying goodbye to their dearly departed. All of us sadly will one day experience the terrible pain and anguish but it's comforting to know there are people more able to assist and take away the worry of the legalities and organizational aspects at a time while you are less able to function or perform. As for getting out of the industry I made the decision to move on as it was a period when all the smaller funeral homes were getting eaten up by a particular French funeral conglomerate. Things that should not have to change did start to change and the approach to the industry became more profit driven. Dignity another big player came to the fore in the 90's buying up smaller homes and to this day are the co operatives biggest competitor. Even though NAFD at the time tried to encourage transparity it was evident that margins were getting out of control. People don't tend to shop around because they upset and emotional so clear transparency and fair pricing structures should have been paramount and sadly it became more about increasing these margins beyond acceptability than caring for the bereaved. Things have moved on three or four decades later with companies offering simple funerals. There is plenty of evidence that prices are still too high, particularly when compared to margins in the same sector in other countries. Having to offer the bereaved a coffin brochure with absurdly named products called The Kensington The Edwardian or Paisley was just one step too much for me so I bailed. An average price for cremation now with a hearse and one limo is around the £4k mark and more for burial. The old adage of Take A Buttie Don't Take A Banquet springs to mind. Back to ghosts I will believe it when I see one pop up on News At Ten. Until such time I remain in Ghost Denial.
Mobile Embalming services. Keep em stiff, I'll be there in a jiff.

That is pretty brilliant to be fair mate........

Ok blues, here goes. I've had a few drinks in the pub with my mates tonight, I'm definitely not drunk, merry at best as I've had a good night and I now feel at ease enough to appease your intrigue(ones who have asked)

So, following on from the glass smashing I walked home from my mates house barely 150m to mine(mum and dad's house)

I was stone cold sober, may have had a pint or two earlier that evening and definitely not under the influence of drugs!
It was a lone time ago, I'd have been 20 or 21, so about 35 years ago. As I walked home I felt something very weird was following me. I was frightened and trembling with fear. Just out of sight I felt a presence following me and turned round a few times quickly to see what I can only describe as a green haze like hue and a heavy air filled bad feeling id never experienced before.

I got in and went to my bedroom and my younger brother was sound asleep opposite my bed. Got undressed and this presence was there in my room and I had a feeling of intense energy draining dread. Like I said earlier, it felt like it was the start of a conscious living nightmare I couldn't explain. I was really disturbed and a quivering wreck but worse was about to happen. My walls beside and behind my bed were full of posters, City team poster and various punk album cover posters etc. They started shaking and I heard the wall behind my bed thumping. This heavy fuckin' evil presence was trying to consume me and send me mad. I was trembling with fear, starting crying and just wanted it to end. I contemplated jumping out if my bedroom window to get out of a situation I couldn't handle. My heart is pumping writing this because it's evoking bad memories I have blocked out many years. Thinking about it reminds me of the Iron Maiden song - Fear of The Dark. This presence I could see in my room when my eyes had adjusted to the dark. Pure evil demons there in front of me. I closed my eyes and I could still see this thing snarling at me.

Like I said earlier I'm not a religious guy. I believe in the things I've seen. A ghost (twice) and a UFO sighting that was on the news on Piccadilly radio in August 1984 (iirc) of a sighting over greater Manchester. I saw it whilst night fishing. I digress. Sorry.

I was literally thinking I could die of fright or this evil presence would kill me.

I started to say the Lords prayer. Something I said so often at Sunday school and senior school assembly. I knew every word but I couldn't get the words out. I spoke them out quietly not to wake my brother up. I couldn't get it right forgetting. This thing was trying it's best to make me not say the words.... "Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be(my mind went blank) I was a shaking shivering wreck. I could hardly draw breath but I tried again. "Our father who who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thine will (I'd forget again). Bastard thing was trying to stop me. As I'm writing this I felt an icy shiver. After 3 or 4 attempts I managed to complete and the heavy presence lifted there and then. Seriously I'm not joking, it's no wum or future Clarke.

I felt a calming and serene peace and I felt protected. I felt a loving warmth cosseting me that felt surreal yet assured. Not long afterwards I fell asleep and woke up trying to analyse WTF had happened to me a few hours earlier.

Thinking back and to where I am nowadays. I don't want to know about the unknown and what I'm not meant to know. My mind is quite closed and my 6th sense not receptive. I've strayed off the straight and narrow a few times since, even tried to top myself once, almost did but I truly my spirit guide prevented me and I began to see reason, even though I couldn't understand why. Sorry blues but I'm getting emotional, the waterorks are on and I'm a big strong physical bloke. But even so I'm just flesh and blood, skin and bones encapsulating a decent at heart soul.... Goodnight blues and stay safe...

Last edited:
Don’t mean to sound disrespectful but the first thing that came to mind was a bad acid trip, I’ve had similar experiences but I had the benefit of knowing what caused it.

You could easily pop a couple in a can of beer and you would never know, they were very easy to get hold of 30 odd years ago

Don’t mean to sound disrespectful but the first thing that came to mind was a bad acid trip, I’ve had similar experiences but I had the benefit of knowing what caused it.

You could easily pop a couple in a can of beer and you would never know, they were very easy to get hold of 30 odd years ago
I used to take acid and mushroom juice regularly in the early 80s. I've been off my face with some really good and a few bad trips where I was zonked out. My experience that night was different and I was consciously aware of what went on. Thinking back what happened could have been one of the contributing factors when I was admitted to Tameside Hospital and sectioned.. Copious amounts of drink and drugs definitely did but a lot of really strange things happed to me around that time. And I'm not on about because I'd been tripping my face of on LSD or mushies.

Off the top of my head the UFO sighting. Only thing I had to drink that night was a flask of coffee. An out of body experience where I felt a massive bang in my chest, a split second later I was watching myself from above walking down the street and I was Stone cold sober. The ghost I hadn't even had a drink and deffo no drugs. ESP between me and a mate. We read each others minds several times. "What number am I thinking, name me a famous person". We did it 12-15 times before we started getting it wrong. my mate never liked football so I thought of posing a really testing question and asked him to name asked who I was thinking about. After about a minute he blurted out 'Kevin Keegan". I couldn't believe it. Ronald Reagan and Thatcher previously were easier but Kevin Keegan was far off the scale I thought.

I'm not asking anyone to believe me at all. Fire away at the cheap pops with the velocity of a spud gun. When I shoot myself I do it proper and nobody takes the piss better than myself out of out of myself. I'm one of the most honest bare bones posters on here.

Make of it what you will...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.