Ouija Board Experiences

A friend of mine,quite an old lady now, has a tale on this. Years ago, she and some friends and family had the board out. Her brother came in and started taking the piss. Suddenly, a pedestal - one of those wooden things you put plants on - lifted up and chased him around the room.

They were all so shit scared by this that even now, decades later, she will not touch a board, while her bro will not go near that pedestal, which she still has.

Believe it or not, but she is not the sort to be a liar or piss-taker. Very far from it, she's quite a serious sort.
You believe shit like that?

I'm intrigued, everyone says its nonsense until they have used one. I never have done and not really sure I ever will, I'd have to find some decent folk to do it with
I too thought it was nonsense. I got roped in to joining in as my mates mum was obsessed with contacting her late husband on the Ouija board. She took it all serious and told us to show respect, which we didn't. Asking to contact famous people asking daft questions and taking the piss. From memory I think I was involved 3 or 4 times, thought it was bullshit and just a lark.

The one night I remember is when the glass smashed and I felt a heavy impending presence in the air. Was an evil spirit that followed me home and I went through what I can only describe as a a conscious living nightmare.

I wouldn't recommend anyone use a Ouija board, even with decent folk around. I want to explain my experience further but i find difficult to put into words right now.

Lol. Bluemoan's biggest cynic strikes again!

You must have the skin of a rhino pal. I find it amusing that you regularly scoff at the unknown. Open up your goldfish mind a little and you may come to realise there's life(and death) outside of your goldfish bowl existence. Everyone has a 6th sense, but like you, most will never try and open it for fear of embarrassment and ridicule.

Well this woman is no liar.
So make of it what you will. Collective hallucination? Her brother still won't go near the pedestal and she is very reluctant even to discuss ghosts.etc, let alone touch a ouiji board. Find a scientific explanation if you like, but she saw what she saw. She is visibly rattled by it to this day. Neither of us was there.

When I was a kid, we lived in an old Victorian terraced house in Barrow in Furness. Like many houses of this type it was narrow but long and upstairs there was a corridor running the length of the house with bedrooms off, culminating in a smallish bedroom that sat over the garage. It was a spare, so nothing in it but a single bed and one of these makeship wardrobes that are nothing but a metal rail with a curtain hung in the corner of the room. As I am writing this, I still get the same feeling as the first time I walked into that room. Utter fucking terror and a feeling of nausea. Saw nothing, heard nothing but christ whenever I was occasionally asked to go and get something stored in it......

Completely unexplainable to me, never felt anything like it in my life other than in that room. Its putting the shits up me even writing this. Nothing to do with an Ouija Board mind so apologies for straying off topic.

This was what I felt like whenever I went to my sister's old flat in Whalley Range, but instead of a fear it was more of a depression/nervousness. I was only a kid myself at the time and had a mostly happy and carefree childhood so I wouldn't have really known what depression or anxiety was at that time. Like yourself, I can't explain it.

The day Juventus played AC Milan in the CL final at the Swamp, me and my sister went into town. Upon returning to her flat I actually felt so bad after a while that I asked my mum and dad if they could come and take me home.

So here's a chance to call me a liar, because it's something I saw with my own eyes. Albeit not linked to oiuji boards.

One night I was walking my dog along the edge of a playing field. We were actually outside the railings. All of a sudden I saw a bright light about 20ft away and 2ft off the ground. Imagine a dog with a torch in its mouth. After bit it started to move. But then it shot to the far end of the field, far faster than even a greyhound could run. I watched it moving about for several minutes, until it vanished. No sound. no sign of anything but this small and very bright light.

Not all things are easy to explain away.

My mother is dead certain that she saw a ghost whilst on a weekend stay up at Lindersfarn or Isle of Sky (can't remember which), but she said the dog was going mad early in the morning and there was an 'old man' stood at the foot of the bed.

Apparently she wasn't scared and didn't feel threatened by him - a surreal but calm experience it would seem.
Animals can sense the aura of good and bad energy in people, and they can also sense spirits. The night I saw a ghost my mate's dog was going absolutely mental and wouldn't stop barking till it had left the house.

I'm intrigued, everyone says its nonsense until they have used one. I never have done and not really sure I ever will, I'd have to find some decent folk to do it with

Did a handful of them in my teens, one in a graveyard.

Either fuck all happened or someone was pushing the glass and got caught out.

By historical accounts, it was invented around a time when spiritualism boomed in America and was designed to get people to open their wallets, not the gates to the dead.

The subconscious and mind is a powerful thing.

So here's a chance to call me a liar, because it's something I saw with my own eyes. Albeit not linked to oiuji boards.

One night I was walking my dog along the edge of a playing field. We were actually outside the railings. All of a sudden I saw a bright light about 20ft away and 2ft off the ground. Imagine a dog with a torch in its mouth. After bit it started to move. But then it shot to the far end of the field, far faster than even a greyhound could run. I watched it moving about for several minutes, until it vanished. No sound. no sign of anything but this small and very bright light.

Not all things are easy to explain away.
Are you sure it wasn't just your run of the mill dog with a torch in its mouth? ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.