Ouija Boards

monkey-trousers

My 14 yr old daughter slept at her friends house at the weekend and has just told us that in the early hours of the morning her friends mother got their Ouija board out and they tried to contact the dead. Now personally this doesn't really bother me, (daughters already possessed) but my wife has taken a more serious view, saying it was irresponsible of the girls mother and that my daughter can't stay there again.

Does anyone have any views on this? Anyone tried it?

i've done it, it's a load of claptrap

mind over matter and all that, in the same vein as siege mentality

everything has an explanation.

Depends on the age of the participant I think.

Young minds are easily influenced.

I did it once with my natural Mother (I was about 13) and it disturbed me for a while. She was a nutter though, and I am now positive she was directing things.

aphex said:

Pretty much what I said to the wife, but she's not happy, saying the woman shouldn't have done it without our consent. I suggested that if the girls mother had rang at 1 o'clock in the morning asking our permission, my wife would be even more annoyed. Now I'm getting the cold treatment.

Why do they have to talk to the dead? No one in the neighbourhood talking to them anymore?

monkey-trousers said:
aphex said:

Pretty much what I said to the wife, but she's not happy, saying the woman shouldn't of done it without our consent. I suggested that if the girls mother had rang at 1 o'clock in the morning asking our permission, my wife would be even more annoyed. Now I'm getting the cold treatment.

it does seem odd that a parent would do this, i can understand why your misses is put out by it

it's not really something you do with kids is it

she isn't blind is she? she may have thought it was monopoly.

monkey-trousers said:
My 14 yr old daughter slept at her friends house at the weekend and has just told us that in the early hours of the morning her friends mother got their Ouija board out and they tried to contact the dead. Now personally this doesn't really bother me, (daughters already possessed) but my wife has taken a more serious view, saying it was irresponsible of the girls mother and that my daughter can't stay there again.

Does anyone have any views on this? Anyone tried it?

To be fair mate, if you want an easy life, listen to the woman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.