Our 25 man squad

Soulboy

It's only a fortnight away from the time when clubs have to announce their 25 man squads for the Premiership season, and I think that we might very well be short of that number as things stand.

Assuming Nasri signs, and the "Lost 5" are dumped... and SWP leaves... how does our squad stack up?

Can anyone do a definitive list of what over-age players we have to register in the squad?

Hart Taylor Pantilimon

Richards Zabaleta Kolarov Clichy

Kompany Lescott Toure

de Jong Barry Milner Yaya

Johnson Silva Nasri

Dzeko Tevez Aguero Balotelli

That's only 21...

Hart Taylor Pantilimon

Kompany Lescott Toure

Johnson Silva Nasri

have we still got boyata if so use him

savic

razak if we still have him

weiss if we still have him

If they're under 21 they don't need registering, and you don't need 25, that's just the limit.

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
Hart Taylor Pantilimon

Kompany Lescott Toure

Johnson Silva Nasri

have we still got boyata if so use him

savic

razak if we still have him

weiss if we still have him

I assume you know the rules about younger players not having to be listed?

Mario doesn't count still classed as under 21. So only actually 20 that count on that list. Boyata, Razak, nimley, savic and most of the other fringe players around the edge of the squad don't count either and can be included regardless of the 25 cap.

Swp is definately going and will be replaced (cerci hope not, maybe Lennon swap for badabayor) I still think tevez will go to inter and he well also be replaced not sure with who.

I think nedum will be sold as well everton as a replacement for outgoing player, Bolton same , maybe qpr. Bridge will go to Newcastle of loan with us paying a big chunk on his wages.

Bellamy, adebayor and rsc will never play for city again either looks like adebayor will go to spurs or maybe still real. Rsc and Bellamy god knows no one wants them.

Even if we sign nasri and replace swp and tevez if he leaves the over 21 pro squad looks light to me. Look at the rags, vidic and coke head out for a month they can still field a decent centre pairing that is good enough for and game in the prem. We would be left with k toure (not fit or available at the moment) and boyata (good but lacking experience)

Kun is ultimate quality but if tevez goes we are relying on dzeko stepping up big time as Mario is constantly injured or suspended or sulking so really can't be relied on week in week out.

Bottom line I would have liked to see us being a bit more pragmatic I feel nedum could have been retained he is decent cover at centre half and right back. Said he was sorry wasn't that bad what he did he shouldn't have been lumped in with the dog shit.

Aso we haven't replaced viera who made 30 appearances last season Barry and miner although good players can't do the job de Jong does for us.

We have champions league a title and 2 cups to go for and try and win. A lot of games for actually not that many experienced players.

If we are honest if we are unlucky with injuries and suspensions at the moment in key areas we could have a problem unless we get a few more players in.

Hart Taylor Pantilimon

Kompany K. Toure Savic Lescott
Clichy Richards Zabaleta Kolarov

Silva Y. Toure Barry Milner
De Jong Johnson SWP (Nasri)

Balotelli Dzeko Tevez Aguero

That's only 23, so we should be fine.

The question is what happens if dejong, kompany and lescott are not available......

paul.manc said:
Hart Taylor Pantilimon

Kompany K. Toure Savic Lescott
Clichy Richards Zabaleta Kolarov

Silva Y. Toure Barry Milner
De Jong Johnson SWP (Nasri)

Balotelli Dzeko Tevez Aguero

That's only 23, so we should be fine.

Savic and Balotelli don't count... so only 21!

I agree with Alera, we are still short on numbers, and I too believe that a couple of the Lost 5 should have been retained.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.