Our 25 man squad

my guess is nedum and bridge will be added to the list and i think balo counts as well as hes 21

leopoldo said:
1 Hart
2 Pantilimon
3 Taylor
4 Richards
5 Zabaleta
6 Clichy
7 Kolarov
8 Kompany
9 Lescott
10 Savic
11 K Toure
12 De Jong
13 Barry
14 Y Toure
15 Hargreaves
16 Milner
17 Silva
18 Nasri
19 Johnson
20 Dzeko
21 Aguero
22 Balotelli
23 Tevez
24 ???
25 ???

By my reckoning there's two places to be decided.

Personally I'd go for Razzak and Onuoha.

I think the other options would be Bridge, Nielsen, Cunningham.

Does this sound right?

I agree with an earlier poster who said that the 25 man limit is only a limit and not a target.
Looking at the above list Savic and Balo do not need to be included for the Euro list as they were under 21 at the cut off date (I think).
That leaves us with a list of 21 but with only one home grown player in there (Mica) so we will only be able to list 22 players. Four have to be home grown or you loose those places.

We may as well include Bridge, he is still a good LB and we are paying his wages so should have the option to use him.
Onuoha should also be included as he is home grown so in a sense he is a free place (no one else could take that place up)

Bridge and Onuoha make a Euro list of 23 along with whatever under 21’s we want

cityboy1 said:
my guess is nedum and bridge will be added to the list and i think balo counts as well as hes 21

4) In addition to the 25-man named squad, clubs can use an unlimited number of players aged 21 or under. This means that Manchester City's new £22.5m striker Mario Balotelli, who is just 20, does not need to be named in their 25-man squad. According to the Premier League: "An Under 21 player is defined as one who is under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences. For the 2010/11 campaign Under 21 players will have been born on or after 1st January 1989."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/New-Premier-League-25-man-squad-rules-explained-What-the-new-regulations-mean-for-your-club-article569649.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ne ... 69649.html</a>

Going by the same structure for this season it would mean that Balotelli is still classed as under 21 since he was still 20 on 1st January 2011. I think that's right anyway. :)

Well the 25 men in the squad and whatever younger players will all get a few games over the season. I think we might use the Carling Cup to give players on the outside a run out. So Ned and Bridge could well get a game. For the Cup games in England anyone outside the 25 can be named in the squad or team. With those games it is there chance to put themselfs back in the shop window. Shocked no one came in for Ned done well last season.

why is Ladyman writing Hargreaves won't be in the CL squad? Can you make additions to it after the group stage?

Squad (Home grown)

(Goalkeepers)
Hart, Pantilimon,Taylor

(Defenders)
Richards, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Savic, K.Toure, Clichy, Kolarov, Boyata, Onuoha

(Midfielders)
Silva, Nasri, De Jong, Y.Toure, Barry, Milner, Johnson, Hargreaves

(Strikers)
Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli

(Plus we have all the promising under 21's who can step in at anytime, Suarez and Rekik, etc)

Possible Starting 11's

310811233416.png
310811233219.png

Manchester_City_Blue said:
Squad (Home grown)

(Goalkeepers)
Hart, Pantilimon,Taylor

(Defenders)
Richards, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Savic, K.Toure, Clichy, Kolarov, Boyata, Onuoha

(Midfielders)
Silva, Nasri, De Jong, Y.Toure, Barry, Milner, Johnson, Hargreaves

(Strikers)
Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli

(Plus we have all the promising under 21's who can step in at anytime, Suarez and Rekik, etc)

Possible Starting 11's

310811233416.png
310811233219.png

team of left should finish 1st/2nd in league. The team on the right would finish in top 6.

Wow!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.