Our best 11 right now?

looks like based on the posts we do not have a best 11, almost everyone posting a bit different one.

Under Pep we'll never have same 11 game after game like Liverpool, we just need to stop with the setups that break our game and prevent us looking like a Guardiola team. No Torres, Mendy or probably Jesus unless no other option. Fernandinho doesn't start in intense games against top half. Stop playing Sterling on the left where he hasn't worked since D Silva went out of the team.

I'd also give Stones + LaPorte another go, Otamendi was slammed for not staying on his feet but Dias slides about the place more than he ever did. We defend best by keeping the ball, Stones and Laporte by far our best options in possession. Need to stop this nonsense of having right footers on the left side of our defence, slows us down massively against sides that sit back and clog the middle i.e pretty much everyone. We spent over 100m on left footed centre backs, use them.

Ederson

Walker Stones Dias Zinchenko

Rodri Gundo

KDB

Foden Grealish Mahrez

———————Ederson
———————Rodri
—————-KdB—-Bernardo
Sterling————————-Grealish
———————-Jesus

Subs from

Steffen
Cancelo
Laporte
Ake
Mendy
Fernandinho
Foden
Gundogan
Mahrez
Torres
Foden is already a better player than both Sterling and Grealish. He’d be an automatic starter for me.

If twas me...

............Steffen..............
...KDB Bernardo Grealish....
Mahrez ....Jesus ......Foden

I love Ederson's ball skills but I think that Steffen is a great shot stopper. I'd be interested to see what would happen if we tested him more often.

I'd not bother with a holder in the middle. I'd have the 3 CMs decide amongst themselves who holds back when necessary. I'd prefer the 3 of them to get on the opposition quicker when we are out of possession.

Up front, once Sterling is not there I'm happy. The euros are irrelevant. It's how he plays for us that matters and he's been awful for way too long. Mahrez was great last year - I hope he can be this year because we need something special besides Foden.

People say we need a striker to convert chances but what chances? Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that we don't create enough chances because there is no space in the box for a proper chance. Pep needs to find a way to pull us out of the opposition box enough to create space and then get us back in there to take a chance. And if he did that I bet Jesus would be more than ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.