Our best transfer window ever

Puppet Master Silva

As another window has opened recently it's got me to thinking about what our greatest transfer window has been. This summer has been far and away the best one for me with Fernandinho and Negredo standing out as the 2 best signings in the entire league, not just at City. Jesus Navas has impressed as well as Demichelis doing a job. We've still (hopefully) got Stevan Jovetic who is a supremely talented player to come into the team from this summers window. The stark contrast to the 2012 summer is frightening, whether Mancini is to blame or not is another issue completely. But the signings in the summer window of 2012 were abysmal in my opinion.

So what for you has been the best transfer window in our history? Only Summer 2010 can come close for me.

we got yaya and silva in the same window i think? thats got to be up there

Blu KB said:

Yeah I mentioned 2010, Yaya, Silva and Balo were all in that one I believe. Also signed Jerome Boeteng though.

Think you've said it. It's either 2013 or 2010. Very close between the two. Kudos to Soriano, Txiki and one would assume final say-so or input from Pellegrini. This summer has been pure hits. I am blown away by Negredo, Navas is frightening and can finish, Fernandinho is coming into his own, and the maligned (in some quarters) Demichelis is just fine by me. The only question mark appears to be Jovetic who, despite people whose opinions I hold in high regard really rating the guy, seems to be very injury prone. Hopefully he's having just having some bad luck but we've seen it before haven't we. Great window was last summer. I'm not expecting any big signings, if any, this January though.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Blu KB said:

Yeah I mentioned 2010, Yaya, Silva and Balo were all in that one I believe. Also signed Jerome Boeteng though.
Now wrong with Boateng. Was sold on for a profit.

-- Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:03 pm --

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Didn't Vinny and Zab turn up at the same window?
Summer 2008.

svenDM0308_468x354.jpg

I remember this like it was yesterday (:

Puppet Master Silva said:
As another window has opened recently it's got me to thinking about what our greatest transfer window has been. This summer has been far and away the best one for me with Fernandinho and Negredo standing out as the 2 best signings in the entire league, not just at City. Jesus Navas has impressed as well as Demichelis doing a job. We've still (hopefully) got Stevan Jovetic who is a supremely talented player to come into the team from this summers window. The stark contrast to the 2012 summer is frightening, whether Mancini is to blame or not is another issue completely. But the signings in the summer window of 2012 were abysmal in my opinion.

So what for you has been the best transfer window in our history? Only Summer 2010 can come close for me.

On this subject, it was interesting to hear Pellegrini after the game when asked about the signing of negredo, he made it obvious that he had brought him to the club. Gives the lie to that rubbish about him just being the coach that some spout.

Yes, it's been a super window. I suspect the wages of the signings, whilst high, won't be close to the tevez/yaya levels we were having to chuck on the table a couple of years ago.

The stark contrast to the 2012 summer is frightening, whether Mancini is to blame or not is another issue completely. But the signings in the summer window of 2012 were abysmal in my opinion.

Agree,apart from Nastasic,who I think is a great player and going to get better and better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.