Our Board

svennis pennis

Trautmann over on mancityfans has raised a very good point about our board and Garry cooks experience.

The point being that are our board and Cook experienced enough to be able to assess the situation we find ourselves in correctly?

What are their backgrounds? It is both of their first season in charge at City. Do they have the right tools to assess the squads performance and the moral. What experience are they drawing on?

Just thought i'd get it in there ;-)

Do ADUG not own a club in the Middle East? To be honest, i have no idea what qualifies our current board to run a football club, but they must be trusted to run a multi-million pound business(which is what football clubs are now) by ADUG. I suppose a lot of it is just down to basic common sense and intelligence. I'd imagine many of the attributes required to become a successfull businessman translate well to running football clubs, ruthlessness in decisions etc.

Probably the reason they got Aldridge in, someone with a bit of football experience to help run things from that side and advise accordingly.

Let us disregard the fact that Sheikh Mansours club in Abu Dhabi is top of the league right now and that´s something because most of the local clubs are owned by people with as much money as he got..i.e his brothers

I think you´ll find that our current board is doing fine in all departments except on the field which is a concern for Cook and Hughes but hardly for the other board members who might have other prime responsabilities.
It might come as shock to many but the tedious business of actually making sure that we as a club goes forward on all fronts is broad while the footballing part of it is rather narrow.

But given that Sheikh Mansour is very competitive in sports (he still competes in endurance races for horses with some success) I doubt that he´s happy about the current situation.
That said it´s very hard to second guess him.

svennis pennis said:
Trautmann over on mancityfans has raised a very good point about our board and Garry cooks experience.

The point being that are our board and Cook experienced enough to be able to assess the situation we find ourselves in correctly?

What are their backgrounds? It is both of their first season in charge at City. Do they have the right tools to assess the squads performance and the moral. What experience are they drawing on?

I don't think we should be questioning our owners. I trust they are successful and intelligent individuals who are more than able to assess the qualities that we need in a manager. The results are also quite transparent. You don't need to be a football genius to assess whether you are happy with the results and the development of the football club.

What would you rather that we have the Glazers ? What does David Gill know about Football, stupid and pointless debate if you ask me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.