Our Club is changing

marios stress ball said:
Still think we will have a large local support when the ticket prices are low.

Think we should do a 'man city quiz' before you can buy a ticket.

completley agree, notice it in the cups, cheaper ticketed games there are a lot less tourists about and alot more people with manc accents

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
There was 3 lads from Stockport next to me yesterday, taking photo's all through the game, asking each other ''which one is Tevez?'' and looking at the 192 bus time table to make sure they didnt miss the trip back home.......
PMSL.

Stockport? How would they know about us? They don't have TV there.

Seriously, has anyone seen the Official Facebook page, particularly the comments. Someone asking why no SWP in the team. Dear, oh dear.

Has anyone seen that City message board in Thailand? Links to it appear on Twitter sometimes, we have a lot of fans there and it seems to not stem from the arrival of Mansour but the Thaksin era.

There is nothing better than seeing the place full and dare I say it, still nearly full with 5 mins to go at all the lge games recently.

These extra fans that are coming along are not taking any other Blues seats as I would imagine thay are all just basic card holders so are having to wait to see if there are any tickets left after fans who have paid for priorty cards.

Did anyone esle see the very large Spanish banner up in the CB 3 stand 3/4 of the way up, I love seeing this kind of thing and I am sure like the flag hanging on NS L2 yesterday with the Spanish colours gives our spanish players a lift.

I have brought a mix of 7 different fans to recent games, all had a great time, joined in the Poznan and were all amazed at the ground and what was going on. More importantly they went away educated that it wasn't all about the spending on players but what we are doing outside of the football club, something I think even the press are now reporting on. When was the last time we saw headlines about wages? it has all been about our commitment to the area and what the club are bringing jobs wise and the future.
I am moving into the SS 'extended singing section' for the CL but won't be bringing any non City supporters to that one as I beleive that area should just be CITY fans ready to make a lot of noise. Other games where seats are available I say fill them and put a bit of extra money back in the 'Big Mans' pocket, not that he needs it :)

TCIB said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I don't want them.

Give me 40,000 real fans and 8,000 empty seats any day.

Hate glory hunters, always have at United and not gonna change now we're getting some.

Fortunately your view doesn't count for jack. Do you think our owner doesn't want to see us self sufficient or would you rather he kept putting cash in to spare your sensibilities, oh and the small case of ffp, not to mention how cool it will be when we can do that.

Many countries dont treat football like we do, like its mentioned the Spanish go now, they like good football and since they are at uni here we play some of the best in the land, seems reasonable to me they come to watch.
Casual fans do not eat sleep drink footy like many of us do, but find it a great pastime. When im in the USA and go to sports event there for example, you get welcomed warmly and non of the hardcore fans they have say a bad word (they are more interested in chanting for the team they support not worrying about others).

I welcome them myself, i consider myself a proper fan but would welcome chatting with say a barca fan who chose to come and watch us play because he was studying here say.

If you can understand some people treat it as a nice thing but not needed for them to exist then you will see they are not such a bad proposition especially if they support us, buying a city mug or scalf, it all helps.

Example: next year 3 spanish brothers i know (used to err know their mum rather well) will all come to uni in manchester, i bought and sent them City tops due to the fact they called me asking all about city "Will you show us where to buy tickets so we can watch Silva, Is David playing well, Did Kun score etc etc" all this interest is from 3 Barca supporting lads yet they are more interested in us atm and not arsed about the rags.
Ill be taking them to many games and hope they are well recieved by other blues.

Couldn't agree more and the "I hate glory hunters, look how big a blue I am" bollocks is simply painful.

The more the merrier.

Everyone of our long term supporters was a new supporter once, even some without a Manc accent.

Is it true Terry Christian is now a Blue again like he was as a kid? If so, this will prove we are getting gloryhunters (once saw him having a smoke outside the Beeb on Oxford Rd. and I shouted "Christian you rag Bastard" to which he give me the V's, haha!) Hope it's not true though.

shadygiz said:
i've seen an increasing number of spanish fans in and around the ground.

Just saw a city shirt the other day around Pilar. Admittedly, it was lasted year's with Adebayor on the back which was confusing, but they are starting to show here.

I welcome the new fans. If we want this club to be great in Europe we have to embrace a wider supporter base and growing interest from abroad.

If we want to revert to a middling club always on the brink of bankruptcy and known best for our mediocrity, than by all means, protest to keep the supporters to just those I originally knew as a lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.