OUR CLUB NEEDS A LEADER, IF NOT JOSE - WHO?

crystal_mais said:
allyboy said:
Its becoming apparent with all our current divisons, opinions and arguments both on and off the field that we need a TRUE leader to bring us all together.

Thats someone who can motivate the following people

1. and most importantly - US THE FANS
2. The players
3. The staff
4. The owners

Our new found wealth is quickly having the opposite effect on us and is causing more problems than help with the current regime in charge.
Said that with the right man in charge that can be turned around fairly quickly I believe.

Mark Hughes is a "standard prem manager" who can work well with average players and get the best out of an average team at an average club with average aspirations.
That is what we are not.

The "long term plan" should not take 5 years, with good management we should be knocking on the door of the top 4 within 2 years.
I do not think MH is capable of that.

And more to my point it is now grossly evident that he is not the man to bring our beloved club together.

No matter who we sign, Kaka, Villa, RSC Toure's etc etc. if its not a happy unified camp we could easily go down.
ADUG will not run that risk, hence he could go very soon.
We need a personality, a motivator some with a spark and not just a nickname.

Rikjaard - no, Hiddink - no, Mancini - no
They don't fit the bill for me.

we all know the man who would do the biz, but he's not available (apparently)

so who? who can bring us together?

I don't want to piss on your fire or anything, but some of the points you have made here are reasonable.
You a right ot say that there are problems within the dressing room and possibly the manager is struggling to control the situation.

Where I struggle with your comments are that it should only take 2 years to reach the top. It took Chelsea 4 years to build a squad capable of winning the league. It has taken Martin O'Neill 3 years to get to where he is today.

I have said this before and will say it again, you can not just get to the top by throwing shed loads of money over a short term. look what happened to Blackburn. These guys are serious business people who think not only of the short but Medium and long term. They are not bothered about immediate success (we are as fans), but they are trying to build a model of continual success over the Long Term (like Utd).

We have to be patient and let them get on with their job. Footballers nowadays are self obsessed nobs and act like children. Elano would still be the same to Mourino as he is with Hughes.

We do need a top leader and if Hughes can't do that then so be it, let him go at the end of the season.

The best 2 leaders out there are Mourino & Cappello. We need to be patient and hopefully our wishes may come true.

Crystal, I don't want to piss on your fire either, but where in my OP does it say reach the top in the 2 years? What I did say was 'be knocking on the door of the top 4"

Thats not asking too much, surely?

I'd say it was a realistic goal to be challenging for a CL spot in 2010/2011. Obviously not this season and still building next. Regardless of the manager.

allyboy said:
crystal_mais said:
I don't want to piss on your fire or anything, but some of the points you have made here are reasonable.
You a right ot say that there are problems within the dressing room and possibly the manager is struggling to control the situation.

Where I struggle with your comments are that it should only take 2 years to reach the top. It took Chelsea 4 years to build a squad capable of winning the league. It has taken Martin O'Neill 3 years to get to where he is today.

I have said this before and will say it again, you can not just get to the top by throwing shed loads of money over a short term. look what happened to Blackburn. These guys are serious business people who think not only of the short but Medium and long term. They are not bothered about immediate success (we are as fans), but they are trying to build a model of continual success over the Long Term (like Utd).

We have to be patient and let them get on with their job. Footballers nowadays are self obsessed nobs and act like children. Elano would still be the same to Mourino as he is with Hughes.

We do need a top leader and if Hughes can't do that then so be it, let him go at the end of the season.

The best 2 leaders out there are Mourino & Cappello. We need to be patient and hopefully our wishes may come true.

Crystal, I don't want to piss on your fire either, but where in my OP does it say reach the top in the 2 years? What I did say was 'be knocking on the door of the top 4"

Thats not asking too much, surely?

Thats fair enough, but to have the solid foundations to be up there and stay up there will take 3/4 years. You have to also look at we can buy our way upto there, but what will stop the likes of the current top 5 also investing to stay up there.

There is a fine line here and we should not be expecting this as an immediate. My personaol opinion is we should be in a position to start challenging the top 5 on a regular basis within 3 years...

i would like a manager who is respected globally like mancini, rikjard, (sp) jose, hiddink

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.