Our Defence

Fallingbostel Blue

The notion that our Defence is suspect and can be got at is starting to piss me off, this is a narrative that started last season and as carried on to this season. However the facts are a little bit different.

1. We have conceded the least Premier league goals this season with 20
2. We have the second most clean sheets behind the the Rags they have 15 we have 14.
3 Ederson has made the fewest saves a mere 49 all season while De Gea has made 95, the highest is Stoke with 110.
Yet we still have Jenas and Merson saying we are dodgy at the back! It's another case of don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of City bashing.

The notion that our Defence is suspect and can be got at is starting to piss me off, this is a narrative that started last season and as carried on to this season. However the facts are a little bit different.

2. We have the second most clean sheets behind the the Rags they have 15 we have 14.
3 Ederson has made the fewest saves a mere 49 all season while De Gea has made 95, the highest is Stoke with 110.
Yet we still have Jenas and Merson saying we are dodgy at the back! It's another case of don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of City bashing.
Stats without context mate, we haven't played anyone decent domestically this season.

remind me, how are the 'golden gloves' awarded. Is it for clean sheets? Eddie still in with a good chance then.

Stats without context mate, we haven't played anyone decent domestically this season.

Agreed.

Come latter stages of the Champions League. That will be a true indicator of our defence. Otemendi is prone to mis-tackles and Zinchenko & sometimes Walker are prone to mis-passes. Overall, massive improvement from last yr, so can't complain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.