Our European ranking for next season

Ja Salford Blue

I seen a thread on here a while ago showing the european club rankings for the Champions League, I'm sure that Spurs were above us in it. can anyone post a link to it.

My point being that as things are (to help us get into pot 2 seeds) we really need Newcatle and spurs to finish 3rd and 4th. Liverpool Arsenal & Chelsea are all above us in the rankings.

can we over take Spurs this year with a good run in the Europa League?

also how are the Italian teams who are above us doing domestically? as I remember seeing a thread saying they were also struggling?

cheers

We're currently 31st according to <a class="postlink" href="http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... k2012.html</a>

We should be able to overtake Spurs with a win against Porta and wins home and away against Sporting, from there I'd be surprised if we didn't make pot 2.

moomba said:
We're currently 31st according to <a class="postlink" href="http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... k2012.html</a>

We should be able to overtake Spurs with a win against Porta and wins home and away against Sporting, from there I'd be surprised if we didn't make pot 2.

Would winning the tournament have a significant effect on our rankings next season, or would getting to the semi's/final be enough ?

Someone stated a while ago that whilst it is good getting extra points in this comp, they are only half what you get in the Champions League. So whilst we are in it, lets keep winning, and then Champions League year on year. 5 years points are what count, so we should make it comfortably for 2013/14.

e only be in Pot 2 if there are no 16 teams qualifiying themsleves to CL next year ahead in the team ranking.

Now we 31st yes, but I can seee 16 teams from that list that will be in CL group stage.
It will be close of course because lot of teams struggling like Inter, Lyon, Marseille.
But Real, Barca, Valencia, MU, Chelsea/Arsenal/Pool (one of them), Milan, two Russians, Benfica, Porto, Bayern and Schalke maybe, and also maybe PSV, Sahtar.
It is very close to 16 teams, all we can do is get more points in EL this year and hope that the following teams dont reach CL places in their country until the end of season:

Lyon, Marseille, PSV, Atletico M., Inter, Sevilla. If it happens we will be Pot 2.

And then get the strongest team from Pot 4 like it happened with Napoli.:DD
Plus Barca or Real from Pot 1 and a very tricky team from Pot3. Death gruop all over again.:)

At this stage it's 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and 1 point for progressing to the quarters, semis and final. We're on 59.407 now, so could potentially improve by 19 points from that. Personally I think getting to the semi's (with plenty of wins) will be enough to get pot 2. Quarters would be touch and go.

Theres also the country co-efficients that will improve our score but much too confusing to work out (and it would probably be less than a point extra anyway).

moomba said:
At this stage it's 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and 1 point for progressing to the quarters, semis and final. We're on 59.407 now, so could potentially improve by 19 points from that. Personally I think getting to the semi's (with plenty of wins) will be enough to get pot 2. Quarters would be touch and go.

Theres also the country co-efficients that will improve our score but much too confusing to work out (and it would probably be less than a point extra anyway).

Cheers mate .... so effectively semi's is enough in terms of worrying about which group we're seeded in next season.

Looking at the rankings,does that mean next season Liverpool will lose 24.5750 points from their score.

That would put them only 6 points ahead of us as it stands now without us winning another game,or am i reading it wrong!

whipper said:
Looking at the rankings,does that mean next season Liverpool will lose 24.5750 points from their score.

That would put them only 6 points ahead of us as it stands now without us winning another game,or am i reading it wrong!

No its the last 5 seasons points that are added up to determin your ranking.

whipper said:

Yeah, basically they'd have to score 24.5750 points just to keep their score the same. We only have to match 3.5750 points, anything above that is a huge bonus (and I think we get 4 points just for getting in the group stage).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.