Our first mauling

citytill1die84 said:
Unless we go down to 9 men against a decent side then it won't happen we're toooooooo good to be hammered 6-1.
This. I can't see it happening on a level playing field, maybe a 3 goal defeat at worst.

Of all the teams we play, domestically, I still only feel uneasy when we play at Anfield. I suppose a history of defeats there has left its mark, but I hope we're too professional and good to suffer one soon.

Bayern or Chelsea at home were our "maulings" and we still barely lost them. I think we've got too much about us to fold like Arsenal constantly do

Chelsea never seem to get mauled.

I think it's about pride. I just couldn't see Kompany or Terry walking off a pitch having shipped 6 to their closest rivals like Mertesacker will today.

Gabriel said:
Of all the teams we play, domestically, I still only feel uneasy when we play at Anfield. I suppose a history of defeats there has left its mark, but I hope we're too professional and good to suffer one soon.

This. Don't think it will happen, but they're the only side that could possibly hand us a hiding if we weren't at it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.