our history v KHR.

DenisLawBackHeel74

Damocles said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/insulting-rummenigge-needs-man-city-9247786

aguero93:20 said:
squirtyflower said:
Indeed it is, credit where credit is due
I shall click on the paper for the first time in a while

Is red pen boy still working there?

Hasn't written an article since April and his MEN Twitter account doesn't exist any more.

So probably not.

He was removed from their "Employees" list on Twatter too:

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/MENnewsdesk/lists/men-journalists/members" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/MENnewsdesk/lists/m ... ts/members</a>

Seems to have gotten the boot. Might actually pick up the MEN again now.

I quite like SB, he does tend to use more of a fact based approach to his articles.

Re: Manchester Evening News

Damocles said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/insulting-rummenigge-needs-man-city-9247786

Hasn't written an article since April and his MEN Twitter account doesn't exist any more.

So probably not.

He was removed from their "EMployees" list on Twatter too:

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/MENnewsdesk/lists/men-journalists/members" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/MENnewsdesk/lists/m ... ts/members</a>

Hmmm, considering ending my boycott...

On the other hand, SB is the only decent writer and I can read his articles on here and he's on twatter...
whilst i understand your stance if we don't support a 'factual' article, not a sycophantic diatribe, then the MEN won't know that it's been positively received.
Like you I can read his articles on here, in fact i did, then i clicked on the link and whilst there clicked on a few more

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Damocles said:

So probably not.

He was removed from their "Employees" list on Twatter too:

Seems to have gotten the boot. Might actually pick up the MEN again now.

I quite like SB, he does tend to use more of a fact based approach to his articles.
Can't see it catching on.

That's a great article and it's so true. I'm sick of the big club little club syndrome that has been spouted by the majority of the media in this country. England generally has seen a vast and wide range of different successful teams. Villa, Forest, Leeds, Everton, Preston... you can name a hundreds that have contributed to football in this country and abroad and that's the reason the FA Cup became the best domestic competition in the world. We loved the fairytale. That's real football.

Would I have loved to see City build an all mancunian side that went on to dominate Europe? Of course. But unfortunately the world has changed and with all the money involved over the past ten years certain clubs who were fortunate to be big during that time have managed to monopolise things. We're incredibly fortunate to have got things going prior to FFP really being able to stunt our growth. We've had a couple of years of watching the pennies but we're through the worst of it.

There's nothing fair about the system. How can Bournemouth with their 12,000 capacity stadium compete with a team with a stadium with 60,000 seats turning over hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds a year. It's crazy and is anything but fair. What's been good to see with City is that whilst we'd have loved to see the club throw in academy players and win things, with the takeover and investment in the academy we are closer to doing that then we ever were. There's loads of mancunian and english lads in the age groups 16 and below winning tournaments all over the world. In five to ten years it is fully feasible that we have a whole host of local lads in the side and the money that it took to get there will soon be forgotten. Time is a healer and the argument that we haven't earnt the success will soon be forgotten when we're producing our own talent.

KHR is a twat and he should be in jail getting bummed daily. That's what he deserves.
This club was rich before the money came and the academy, the investment in education, in regeneration of the city and all the wider community projects is fantastic to see and I'm proud of the owners we have for looking beyond football and recognising that football is about community.

Eli Panic said:
Don Karleone said:
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has said he cannot imagine that Pep Guardiola would go to a “club like City”.

Ignoring the fact that he is chairman of Bayern Munich, a club that stood by its tax-dodging criminal of a president last year, you have to wonder what he was talking about.

As Herr Rummenigge did not expand on his nasty little slur, we can only imagine.

The usual insult that gets thrown at City, by the ignorant and the arrogant, is that they are a club with “no history”.

It is usually said by the kind of person who does not know the difference between “history” and “winning trophies” - the type who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

The fact is that EVERY club, from Atherton Collieries to Real Madrid, has its own rich history. Anyone who can’t see that has the depth of a pancake.

But if they ever got round to studying football history, rather than being obsessed with the present, they would discover some interesting stuff.

For instance, City were founded 20 years before Bayern, they won their first trophy 28 years before the German club, and won a European trophy four years before they did.

Football is cyclical, or it was before certain wealthy clubs – with Bayern central among them – ensured they cornered the market, becoming domestic flat-track bullies and using their wealth and influence to ensure Uefa’s rules are in their favour.

City, understandably, are generally seen as second fiddle in Manchester, by dint of United’s phenomenal success.

But the Blues were the bigger club up until World War Two, briefly dominated again in the early Seventies, and are once again top of the heap.

Maybe Herr Rummenigge wasn’t having a go at a perceived lack of history, but at City’s new-found riches.

In 2011 Rummenigge urged Uefa to ban City from Europe if found guilty of financial fair play breaches. He was upset because at Bayern “the rule is not to spend more than we make” he said.

Which is an easy thing to say when your income is nearly twice that of your nearest domestic rival. He wants “fair play” as long as Bayern are so rich and powerful that few in Europe can touch them.

Cue the argument about City’s money being “given” rather than “earned”, which is nonsense.

The takeover WAS a business deal, no matter what the critics say. It was just the best business deal in history, providing City with funds to compete.

Rummenigge wasn’t whingeing when Bayern did massive, lucrative deals with adidas and Audi – he needs to spend less time whining and more with his head in the history books.

Good article by Stuart Brennan
Where's that 'Like' button.
Here's the link, Click on the link to let MEN know you approve of such articles:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/insulting-rummenigge-needs-man-city-9247786" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ty-9247786</a>

supercity88 said:
That's a great article and it's so true. I'm sick of the big club little club syndrome that has been spouted by the majority of the media in this country. England generally has seen a vast and wide range of different successful teams. Villa, Forest, Leeds, Everton, Preston... you can name a hundreds that have contributed to football in this country and abroad and that's the reason the FA Cup became the best domestic competition in the world. We loved the fairytale. That's real football.

Would I have loved to see City build an all mancunian side that went on to dominate Europe? Of course. But unfortunately the world has changed and with all the money involved over the past ten years certain clubs who were fortunate to be big during that time have managed to monopolise things. We're incredibly fortunate to have got things going prior to FFP really being able to stunt our growth. We've had a couple of years of watching the pennies but we're through the worst of it.

There's nothing fair about the system. How can Bournemouth with their 12,000 capacity stadium compete with a team with a stadium with 60,000 seats turning over hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds a year. It's crazy and is anything but fair. What's been good to see with City is that whilst we'd have loved to see the club throw in academy players and win things, with the takeover and investment in the academy we are closer to doing that then we ever were. There's loads of mancunian and english lads in the age groups 16 and below winning tournaments all over the world. In five to ten years it is fully feasible that we have a whole host of local lads in the side and the money that it took to get there will soon be forgotten. Time is a healer and the argument that we haven't earnt the success will soon be forgotten when we're producing our own talent.

KHR is a twat and he should be in jail getting bummed daily. That's what he deserves.
This club was rich before the money came and the academy, the investment in education, in regeneration of the city and all the wider community projects is fantastic to see and I'm proud of the owners we have for looking beyond football and recognising that football is about community.

A great item but please,I wouldn`t think John Wardle would agree with that statement.

oakiecokie said:
supercity88 said:

A great item but please,I wouldn`t think John Wardle would agree with that statement.

I was thinking along those lines too.

Is the twunt Rummenigge on Twitter?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.