Our last day as Champions of Europe (for now, hopefully)

youngbob

The most emotionally draining night of my life. What a year it's been. The feeling still hasn't worn off.

Thank god I watched it at home because if I'd gone to Istanbul I absolutely would have died from some kind of heart episode in that stadium, no question. It was bad enough on the sofa at my parents'. Worth it all by the end of course, but I couldn't do anything except collapse and cry when the whistle went. As soon as the game ended I just slid off the sofa into the foetal position on the floor and eventually crawled over to my mum and we cried together for a good five minutes. We just about gathered ourselves in time for them giving out the medals and lifting the trophy.

Have a read of this brilliant thread if you missed it at the time. Has brought many a tear to my eye since I first went through it: https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/to-all-the-blues-no-longer-with-us.360385/

I will apply the American custom re. the Presidents. Always referred to as President even after leaving office. So for me I will always say Manchester City, European Champions. Silly I know but I waited long enough.

Caught a very small bit of sports news last week where the BBC guy was saying there's no English side to get behind but two English superstars to support instead.

Must have missed everyone fawning over us last season when it seemed like our media was FC Inter.

But yeah, we're no CL champions anymore.

Still 4 in a row.

The victory in Istanbul felt like it had just lifted an enormous weight off my shoulders and it took a week or so for it to sink in we'd won the "big" treble

The emotional game was agaist the rags the previous week when I almost cried at the final whistle.
Which makes this season's FA cup final defeat really strange as losing didn't really bother me

I still don't think its sunk in fully, not sure if it ever will. It really feels like a glitch in the Matrix, City aren't supposed to win the Champions League!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.