Our marketing team are at it again

They all look the same...

After this banner and the weirdo having a wank in public, it seems that success in European football competitions has sexual connotations for people at LFC. They must have serious issues they want to talk about but can't. It's a strange club. Smalltime and desperately provincial, they can't stop telling the world how big and important they are. The perfect patsies for UEFA's bent cup comp.

Just another lying fake news merchant. The story states as fact that City called for people to hype up the atmosphere for Champions League games. In fact as the club have pointed out they are not involved in this project. It is probably a bungled attempt by the marketing firm to pitch for business with City, not sanctioned by the club. So the story is false and is repeated by the BBC without checking the facts. Some call this clickbait but I call it what it is: "Fake news." The people at PR Week are not stupid so they know it's a false story but are happy to publish it.

It's the BBC's area of expertise ight now. You only have to look at the political coverage.

Said when we had all that malarkey about the far east tour that there's a concerted attack under way and it has a particular accent.
Every morning I check newsnow for City news. Almost without fail the Liverpool Echo, Liverpool.com (Trinity Mirror Group) or some Liverpool fan-site is running some kind of story about City. Today we have: https://www.rousingthekop.com/2019/...an-city-have-an-enormous-amount-of-fake-fans/

What is unclear is how genuinely obsessed Liverpool fans are with this kind of nonsense. Is it media hype, or are Liverpool fans completely and utterly obsessed with City? I suspect it's the former. It's the talksport phenomena of desperately trying to stand out in a very crowded market and trying to get attention. However, there are some nutters who will spend hours and hours bashing away on BBC or Guardian football about Manchester City.

I logged on to BBC Football's macth-day report and it was full of Liverpool fans dismissing the result/performance/City in general. The same individuals were still at it at midnight. I got up in the morning, the same people were still there. It's exactly the same on Guardian Football. There are a small number of very active obsessives. That's probably not unusual. The Internet has done this to maladjusted people. It's one thing to be positive and obsessive about your own club. We are those people. However, it is entirely different to have a negative obsession. Unfortunately, City have become a focus for this activity, and it's quite disconcerting if you are a City fan and you encounter these people. They are what has become known as trolls. In my experience Liverpool almost monopolise the trolls. It's basis no doubt is City's material threat to Liverpool, but the media-content also feeds them. It's not just that though. Man Utd probably have more reason to hate us than Liverpool, and yet in my experience the internet trolls are almost exclusively Liverpool supporters. It is must be something to do with their fan-culture which makes them particularly prone to this.

It's the BBC's area of expertise ight now. You only have to look at the political coverage.
I really think the BBC is an organisation in crisis but they haven't realised it yet. There is virtually no context or balance to most things they report. It's not just bias there are just too many factual inaccuracies. Coverage comes through a filter which is guided by the prejudices of their staff. The online coverage appears to have no editorial standards applied to it. The BBC still has pockets of exellence like the World Service but it is a fading organisation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.