Our Owner

Unbelievably and thankfully my brother is still with us continuing with his brutal battle! Back in February he had 3 dying wishes,
To see City win the league (again)!
To see City win the Champions league
And to see his unborn granddaughter.
I guess 2 out of 3 ain’t bad!
welcome to Elsie another Blue in the family

View attachment 20697
Excellent mate !

Unbelievably and thankfully my brother is still with us continuing with his brutal battle! Back in February he had 3 dying wishes,

View attachment 20697

Great to hear @east2, thoughts and prayers to your brother in his continuing battle.

Welcome Elsie :)

View attachment 20697
Brilliant!

I'm sure that little Elsie is worth a thousand Champions League wins to the family.

Agree with OP.

At the same time... this highlights a fragility of our success. What, next - when our owner inevitably passes away (hopefully decades from now) - or loses interest in the sport - or comes under financial strain?
===
Maybe this is simply part of the history of any club - fortunes rise and then fall over time.

I would like it on record that I love our owners.
Not just for what they’ve done on the pitch, but off it too.
What they’ve done for Manchester and the people that live there.
The endless charity work they do, the development of Manchester, things like ‘walking football’ that gets the older generation out and interacting, exercising, regardless of what football club they support, one of many many more.
How our owners offered the stadium as a refuge for people after the Manchester bombings.
How our owners have opened up the stadium as a covid vaccine centre.
The list goes on and on..
They have invested in Manchester City, they have invested in Manchester.
Are they perfect? Nope.
Am I? Nope.
Are you? Nope.
But one thing they aren’t, is money grabbing parasites like the other lot (Yanks).
Now the next bit is extremely important.
Gary RATBOY Neville does not speak for me. SPITTY Carragher does not speak for me.
Sky do not speak for me.
Neither do the rest of the media.
Bunch of fucking hypocrites the lot of em.
“We” the City fans speak for us and no one else.
I FUCKING LOVE OUR OWNERS!!!
Rag?

Agree with OP.

At the same time... this highlights a fragility of our success. What, next - when our owner inevitably passes away (hopefully decades from now) - or loses interest in the sport - or comes under financial strain?
===
Maybe this is simply part of the history of any club - fortunes rise and then fall over time.
We are financially self sustaining

We are financially self sustaining
Maybe we are. I don't think it matters though.

It's just down to fate, I think, who will succeed our current owner sometime in the (hopefully distant) future.

And when that occurs, the trajectory of our club will be decided.
===
I guess, that this makes the case for majority fan ownership of clubs. Insulating against the vagaries of current ownership.

Th
Maybe we are. I don't think it matters though.

It's just down to fate, I think, who will succeed our current owner sometime in the (hopefully distant) future.

And when that occurs, the trajectory of our club will be decided.
===
I guess, that this makes the case for majority fan ownership of clubs. Insulating against the vagaries of current ownership.
There is the question of ADUG. It is a very large fund, always said to be owned by HH Mansour. What is the significance of the word 'Group' in its name? Who inherits in time? Will HH spread ownership of the fund around any time soon?
On the other topic, fan ownership or a golden share would stop nutters and chancers but is unlikely to be advantageous financially.

Agree with OP.

===
hrhmansour.jpg
and then the next line is and Son this is very important...

"He said my son your time has come and, this is your lesson in pride, You see The Scum you never run, You stand and fight your ground, And when you've won on derby day, Your sure to hear this sound"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.