Our Owner

View attachment 20827
and then the next line is and Son this is very important...

"He said my son your time has come and, this is your lesson in pride, You see The Scum you never run, You stand and fight your ground, And when you've won on derby day, Your sure to hear this sound"
Loved that shirt, 13/14 season wasn’t it, and what a season that was, especially the home games :)

Agree with OP.

At the same time... this highlights a fragility of our success. What, next - when our owner inevitably passes away (hopefully decades from now) - or loses interest in the sport - or comes under financial strain?
===
Maybe this is simply part of the history of any club - fortunes rise and then fall over time.
I doubt it would matter too much from a financial point of view, however I don’t think we could be run any better than we are now.
‘If’ he decided to sell up in the future it wouldn’t be to some chancer.
It’d be to someone as rich as him who has same vision and drive to push the club forward.
It’s all irrelevant anyway cos he’s a blue now and it’s in his blood.
Life on the rollercoaster that is City.

Unbelievably and thankfully my brother is still with us continuing with his brutal battle! Back in February he had 3 dying wishes,
To see City win the league (again)!
To see City win the Champions league
And to see his unborn granddaughter.
I guess 2 out of 3 ain’t bad!
welcome to Elsie another Blue in the family

View attachment 20697
Remarkably my brother is still fighting against all odds, and following on from our defeat to Spurs, he suffered a fair amount of stick from the locals in Norwich.
He called me first thing Monday morning asking for me to get 2 tickets for him and his carer, to see “City batter Norwich” on Saturday.
He is now on portable oxygen, but is still determined to make the the 10 hour round trip! City have once again arranged to make his visit as comfortable as possible, with tickets, ease of access and parking.
He cannot wait now to see the Champions of England once again!
Next on his list is to see his 60th Birthday in September.
Well done City, Love you our kid!

Remarkably my brother is still fighting against all odds, and following on from our defeat to Spurs, he suffered a fair amount of stick from the locals in Norwich.
He called me first thing Monday morning asking for me to get 2 tickets for him and his carer, to see “City batter Norwich” on Saturday.
He is now on portable oxygen, but is still determined to make the the 10 hour round trip! City have once again arranged to make his visit as comfortable as possible, with tickets, ease of access and parking.
That is uplifting to hear @east2 . Good luck and all the best to your very brave brother and to you because those who watch over them are just as brave and important in a different way.

I hope you don’t object to me sending you virtual hugs for you and your brother?

That is uplifting to hear @east2 . Good luck and all the best to your very brave brother and to you because those who watch over them are just as brave and important in a different way.

I hope you don’t object to me sending you virtual hugs for you and your brother?
Thanks for your kind words & hugs @Eccles Blue
He truly is a remarkable man, battling lung cancer & brain tumours.
But just like the mighty Blues “he’ll fight to the end”

So, last Tuesday my brother finally lost his fight, he made it to the Norwich game, with friends and family, which was quite emotional, knowing it would be his final visit.
Today would have been his 60th birthday, which he didn’t quite make.
He is now at peace and suffering no more, he fought til the end!
Love you our kid. Thank you City.

Attachments

• 38DB15E9-18FE-467D-9268-7BBB00EC105E.jpeg
    38DB15E9-18FE-467D-9268-7BBB00EC105E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • A814AD1D-CD74-4014-AE71-EDA157C89B06.jpeg
    A814AD1D-CD74-4014-AE71-EDA157C89B06.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 59
@east2 there are no words. I am so sorry. I didn’t know your brother but he sounds a remarkable man. He fought to the end as you say and it was an incredible fight.
Your love and admiration for him shines through your postings about him. Stay brave Blue and condolences to you and all his family. May he rest in peace.
Virtual hugs to you all.

So, last Tuesday my brother finally lost his fight, he made it to the Norwich game, with friends and family, which was quite emotional, knowing it would be his final visit.
Today would have been his 60th birthday, which he didn’t quite make.
He is now at peace and suffering no more, he fought til the end!
Love you our kid. Thank you City.
Very sorry for the loss of your brother. Great that he made the Norwich game and it sounds like you have many happy memories of him to treasure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.