Our PR department and the media

According to the OS we have sold out our allocation for the semi final. Considering the publicity I would have thought that City would have made more of it than listing it in that silly City Now side strip.
That citynow strip is so annoying.
Makes the site navigation so slow as it reloads every time you go 'back', and no option to hide.

I had to resort to manually blocking it with ABP as it was such a pain

I have not heard seen or read anything from the press dept to counter the slagging off we got

How it probably worked is Keegan got on to City saying I've heard you've only sold 20k of tickets. Our Press Officer would have said we've sold 30k with four days to go and we expect to sell out as usual. They would have added that a Sunday fixture has resulted in sales being a bit slower than usual. Hence Keegan writes an article is a bit more reflective of the reality.

That's not to say we shouldn't be doing more but our people will be trying. I've run a Marketing and Communicatiions Team before on issues in the media spotlight.

No. Propoganda may succeed but unopposed propaganda certainly will.

It's true that we're fighting against a tsunami of lies and bullshit but it's absolutely our duty to put up some resistance. If that means posting in the comments section or simply ridiculing them at work, then it has to be done as far as i'm concerned and it gladdens my heart to see posters like PB taking these people to task.

It's more important that people stop getting upset about it or, worse, becoming "Uncle Malcolms" and actually agreeing with it in an attempt to come across as reasonable.
It's hard to tell if the comments sections are actually occupied by people that should indeed be sectioned. Any comments with any rationale are swamped under the masses of idiotic comments that have no bearing on real life.

novcep.png

I wonder of they will sweep this under the carpet as well the disrespectful pricks. Deleted fairly quickly so cannot claim they didn't realise it would cause offense. They really are turning into a scumbag media outlet in line with the SUN.
Hardly surprising given most of their prominent media jobs are being given to ex-fleet street 'journalists'.

Yesterday's BBC coverage of the semi-final was embarrassing. Pro-spurs bullshit for 90 mins. They lost.

They are media darlings always have been as far as I remember, there is a certain 'romance' about them perpetuated by the media see also the 'ugly sisters' at either end of the East Lancs. The truth is they are no different than any of the other clubs in London despite what the media tell us.

How it probably worked is Keegan got on to City saying I've heard you've only sold 20k of tickets. Our Press Officer would have said we've sold 30k with four days to go and we expect to sell out as usual. They would have added that a Sunday fixture has resulted in sales being a bit slower than usual. Hence Keegan writes an article is a bit more reflective of the reality.

That's not to say we shouldn't be doing more but our people will be trying. I've run a Marketing and Communicatiions Team before on issues in the media spotlight.

Keegan used to post on here when working at the MUEN. He was a prick then and even more so now.

He used to work with a mate of mine for a few years before he went into the "media". Poxy-faced bullshitter back then, only saving grace is he ain't a RAG, Oldham fan.

It's bugging me that the BBC are focusing on the last time a Manc derby was on a Thursday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39698274 We get a Thursday every week, so what? Why not focus on the last time (only time!) the Manc derby was played on 27th April - 1974 when, well we all know what happened. That to me is a much better story and a much better anniversary/tie up. It's nothing to do with MCFC's PR but everything to do with how the BBC Sport website people behave.

Something to add to the list?

It's bugging me that the BBC are focusing on the last time a Manc derby was on a Thursday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39698274 We get a Thursday every week, so what? Why not focus on the last time (only time!) the Manc derby was played on 27th April - 1974 when, well we all know what happened. That to me is a much better story and a much better anniversary/tie up.

Something to add to the list?

It's bugging me that the BBC are focusing on the last time a Manc derby was on a Thursday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39698274 We get a Thursday every week, so what? Why not focus on the last time (only time!) the Manc derby was played on 27th April - 1974 when, well we all know what happened. That to me is a much better story and a much better anniversary/tie up.
It would be nice, but it doesn't fit their current agenda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.