Our season will be defined by . . .

kenzie115

. . . whether Pellegrini has the stones to drop Yaya against decent sides.

We get much less time on the ball so his influence on the game is greatly diminished, he's bypassed so easily defensively that it's worse than having 10 men and his status as vice captain sets such a poor example; the rest of the team seem to adopt his terrible attitude.

We might scrape the league because of the lack of a decent rival but we'll lose the majority of games against decent sides with Yaya in the side, so the cups can be kissed goodbye.

He needs to be moved on in the summer, but will we let him ruin this season before he goes?

I'd finish your title off with

...injuries.

However, regarding Yaya, I thought he improved as tonight's game went on. At least he didn't lose it as much as those first 30 mins.

Certainly he's not been at his best this season, and is much more evident when Silva is not on the pitch creating space for Yaya to play into.

Had we signed Pogba in the summer I think Yaya would've seen much more bench time and a replacement has got to be number 1 priority in the summer... As well as some reinforcements in the medical departments.

yes, its injuries that will define it. A fit team and we have enough to win the prem, as soon as we lose a few we have no chance. Especially Silva, Kompany, Aguero for any length.

. . . whether Pellegrini has the stones to drop Yaya against decent sides.

We get much less time on the ball so his influence on the game is greatly diminished, he's bypassed so easily defensively that it's worse than having 10 men and his status as vice captain sets such a poor example; the rest of the team seem to adopt his terrible attitude.

We might scrape the league because of the lack of a decent rival but we'll lose the majority of games against decent sides with Yaya in the side, so the cups can be kissed goodbye.

He needs to be moved on in the summer, but will we let him ruin this season before he goes?
That's what a manager is paid to do , manage , and he's not up to it .

Whether Spanish Dave returns soon and stays injury free for the remainder of the season.

I like to know why he felt we did not need another striker in the summer when quoting Kelechi-Iheanacho and then leave him for the champions league squad I just don't get it. the season will be defined by mistakes made in the summer and letting 3 strikers leave and not bring in a new one and we have let the others teams steam roller us at time. we are a million miles away from champions league finals or semi finals and to think we rested players vs Liverpool at the weekend to have a go in the champions league why to hell put the bread and butter of the premier league to the back burner shocking by the manager and the club

Everyone gets injuries. We're just so heavily reliant on key players because we have no clear style or plan. If we had one, the players we have fit are more than good enough to win us the league and do well in the champs league. We're still in with a shout for the league because the competition is relatively weak and we are so superior to any other squad but our manager is going to make it difficult for us. The OP is right in what he's saying too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.