Our strength in depth - Cause for concern?

B B

BLUEMATT23

All of a sudden from having hardly any injuries, suspensions & international call up's their seems to be an air of worry around the place and Mancini is not inspiring much confidence!

But surely the whole idea of our recruitment and big squad is to deal with scenarios like these ?Yet it sounds as if were having a big crisis because Kompany may be banned for 4 games, Mario & Dzezko are struggling, The Toure's are at AN and Silva may not play.
I know these are all names that any side would miss and any replacement would not be as good as them. But is it that we just don't have complete confidence in these fringe players & OR have we just loaned out to many like Guidetti (the problem with having 3 strikers) and it's leaving us thread bare?

I mean the Rags have been without 9 players at times this season yet still carry on winning most of the time but with us it's like Mancini has to have a full compliment of players and few injuries to completely believe we can win things.

Only if we let it be. 350m and every opportunity last summer to get the squad right. So, no excuses.

The Manager telling the world every day that it is a problem is concerning, as it feeds the suspicion we can't cope...........................whether that's right or not we shouldnt be saying it!

Stop whingeing, stop rotating, and 'get stuck in' as we used to say!

ANY1aBLUE said:
Only if we let it be. 350m and every opportunity last summer to get the squad right. So, no excuses.

The Manager telling the world every day that it is a problem is concerning, as it feeds the suspicion we can't cope...........................whether that's right or not we shouldnt be saying it!

Stop whingeing, stop rotating, and 'get stuck in' as we used to say!

This is exactly my point, we should just get on with it!.

BLUEMATT23 said:
All of a sudden from having hardly any injuries, suspensions & international call up's their seems to be an air of worry around the place and Mancini is not inspiring much confidence!

But surely the whole idea of our recruitment and big squad is to deal with scenarios like these ?Yet it sounds as if were having a big crisis because Kompany may be banned for 4 games, Mario & Dzezko are struggling, The Toure's are at AN and Silva may not play.
I know these are all names that any side would miss and any replacement would not be as good as them. But is it that we just don't have complete confidence in these fringe players & OR have we just loaned out to many like Guidetti (the problem with having 3 strikers) and it's leaving us thread bare?

I mean the Rags have been without 9 players at times this season yet still carry on winning most of the time but with us it's like Mancini has to have a full compliment of players and few injuries to completely believe we can win things.

The problem is that is the spine of our team that is missing!

I think we have enough strength and depth to pretty much dominate any team in the Prem, O/S the top 4.

Its like the Rags, they've got a lot of injuries but their not to concerned because they are playing poor opposition - QPR, Wigan etc. But they'd be sh1tting it against us, Spurs, Chelsea etc. As they know most of their squad aren't capable of competing against our strongest 11.

I think if we can get over this month and turn the Dippers over...who to be fair are far from a dominant force (they are just relying on it being their only chance of silverware this season)....we'll have a squad to see us through till the end of the season as Champions.

Josh Blue said:
Look at Arsenals injuries then come back to me.

And Arsenal are no longer challenging for the league. We want to win the league, not challenge for fourth spot and since we're not just facing 11 men but one-sided referees every single week now, we need to have the strongest depth possible - Mancini knows what he needs and if he needs new players to win the league then we should trust him, how often has he been wrong?

For me the biggest problem will be the absence of Silva, so far Nasri and AJ just haven't shown anywhere near enough form to indicate that they can replace Silva's creativity. For the other areas I believe we can cope with the temporary absences especially as Balo and Dzeko are back in full training now.

A squad with depth means you can still field a decent team if you have a terrible run of injuries/suspensions/etc (like we can at the moment). It doesn't mean you still have depth when half your first choice team is missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.