Ousmane Dembélé

We had scouts at the game tonight according to the twitterazi.

They won't have learned much, Marseille were utterly shite at the back. Didn't impress me tonight personally (first time I've seen him play) wouldn't pass in the final third unless he was out by the corner flag and his goal was a poorly hit shot going well wide that took a lucky deflection. Good dribbler but we could do much better.

They won't have learned much, Marseille were utterly shite at the back. Didn't impress me tonight personally (first time I've seen him play) wouldn't pass in the final third unless he was out by the corner flag and his goal was a poorly hit shot going well wide that took a lucky deflection. Good dribbler but we could do much better.
That's the thing though, his awareness of when to pass who to pass to etc, you can teach that to him. The kid is 18. What you can't teach however are those speed, dribbling skills, and being ambidextrous with both feet.

Check out what Coman said Guardiola taught him:
"At the start he said 'I'm not going to teach you how to dribble -- you know how to do to that,'" Coman told L'Equipe.

"So we work tactically. We wingers have to spread out as much as possible... the coach makes sure that we're put in the best conditions for a one-on-one.

"The idea is that once the team gets the ball back they find us quickly so as to favour one-on-ones and to avoid situations where it's one against three or one against two.

"The coach is someone that -- if you lose the ball after a one-on-one, he won't be angry with you.

"He'll always encourage you to continue by saying to you 'if you don't get by once, twice, three times, you'll get by the next time.'"

"It removes pressure," he said of Guardiola's instructions.

"In the game, when you're faced by two or three players, you know that there's a risk of losing the ball.

"But you know that the coach understands that risk. From the start of the season, I remember him telling me after a match 'don't ever stop yourself from dribbling.'"

I wish Pellegrini would do this to Sterling. Instead Sterling's instruction in the game is to take the ball on the wing and wait for a fullback to overlap so he can pass it to them.

That's the thing though, his awareness of when to pass who to pass to etc, you can teach that to him. The kid is 18. What you can't teach however are those speed, dribbling skills, and being ambidextrous with both feet.

Check out what Coman said Guardiola taught him:

I wish Pellegrini would do this to Sterling. Instead Sterling's instruction in the game is to take the ball on the wing and wait for a fullback to overlap so he can pass it to them.

That is fantastic instruction and bodes well for Sterling. As a cheaper alternative to some more established players, Dembele is a great option

Yeah his decision making is a bit dodgy but he's just a kid. And if our players score one and assist another I'd be happy with that regardless he plays good or bad.

"Good dribbler but we can do better."? Please tell me another player born in 1997 that is even close to his statistics.

Yeah his decision making is a bit dodgy but he's just a kid. And if our players score one and assist another I'd be happy with that regardless he plays good or bad.

"Good dribbler but we can do better."? Please tell me another player born in 1997 that is even close to his statistics.

I don't care about his stats, I'll go by what I see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.