Oustanding shares from Shinawatra takeover

Just been contacted by a mate who didn't take advantage of the 40p a share offer in 2007, when Thaksin Shinawatra took over the club. He's been contacted out of the blue by a company that's tracking down the people who didn't take the money at the time and offering to buy their shares. They're offering the 40p but with commission of 15% (so effectively 34p a share). It seems legitimate, as the UKSV Ltd company that Thaksin used to carry out the takeover is in liquidation but I guess there are still funds availabe that were set aside in 2007 for the deal.

Said I'd see if anyone else in that position that has (or hasn't) had this offer?
Were you contact by Shotgun,Bastard and Dribble?

Attachments

• ye43vizu2ub31.jpg
    ye43vizu2ub31.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 35
Just been contacted by a mate who didn't take advantage of the 40p a share offer in 2007, when Thaksin Shinawatra took over the club. He's been contacted out of the blue by a company that's tracking down the people who didn't take the money at the time and offering to buy their shares. They're offering the 40p but with commission of 15% (so effectively 34p a share). It seems legitimate, as the UKSV Ltd company that Thaksin used to carry out the takeover is in liquidation but I guess there are still funds availabe that were set aside in 2007 for the deal.

Said I'd see if anyone else in that position that has (or hasn't) had this offer?
I got a letter a few weeks ago and posted a note on a City FB page.

One guy had already responded and been paid out the others didnt think it was worth it so didnt respond.

I thought it was a scam at first as didnt think I had anything left but am sending my letter back tomoz.

I checked the address out on Companies House and it was the same.

Seems a bit odd to me. What would be point of buying up any remaining shares now? They are surely worthless??

As far as I was aware, once ‚Franks‘ lot had acquired enough shares the rest where subject to a compulsory purchase. Meaning if you didn’t take the cash on offer … then you were left with a worthless certificate/souvenir.

I sold mine at the time and the cancelled certificates were returned to me a while later.
That's what I think It could be . I have CPO'd property and not been able to trace who the properties belong to, but money is put aside into an account for when they can be identified or need to be paid.

It could be similar here, someone acting as middleman for money they are entitled to anyway.

Didn't he send his Mrs back to Thailand to see if it was OK for him to return. She got arrested on arrival so he thought fck that.
Quick Google search shows he's 72, has an aka of Tony Woodsome, lives in self imposed exile & his daughter is winning political elections in Thailand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.