Out of the blues fanzine 1968/69

gazhinio

Managed to obtain around 10 of these fanzines (which I had never even heard of!)
Was wondering if Gary James could tell me if anybody (maybe himself?) or a museum would be interested in taking them off me (no charge!!)..
Just seems a waste to bin them, found them a interesting read!!
Many thanks!

I remember the 68/69 fanzine wars tho.

It all started due to one of the various factions failed to doff his cap to a lady. The suitor of the lady then demanded a duel on the forecourt at Maine Rd.

I'll never forget the sight of those two,duelling pistols in hand and pacing out 10 piles of horseshit between them before taking aim.

But just like a poor mans Barney Daniels, neither could hit the target.

gazhinio said:
Managed to obtain around 10 of these fanzines (which I had never even heard of!)
Was wondering if Gary James could tell me if anybody (maybe himself?) or a museum would be interested in taking them off me (no charge!!)..
Just seems a waste to bin them, found them a interesting read!!
Many thanks!

I'd be interested in seeing them but I'm still a bit snowed under with work on various writing/research at the moment and haven't got chance.

I've got a couple of them myself but know they're well worth saving.

City still have an archive but not certain if they're ready to borrow any items like this at the moment. If not try the National Football Museum - this would be a significant addition to their fanzine collection.

PM me if that's an avenue you want to go down and I'll give you the appropriate contacts - like me they are all quite busy at the moment. The NFM opens on Friday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.