Outfield Players In Goal

I'm sure Mike Doyle went in goal after Keith MacRae was injured. early in a game at Leicester, in the mid 70's. Lost 1-0, late goal.

Figgylion said:
xzbit04 said:
Was just wondering, say (god forbid) if Hart was sent off and Panti came on only to injure himself in a collision, who d you reckon we would put in goal?

Zaba! He can do everything else, why not ?

Nah, it'd be Mario who went in goal and would save everything with a scorpion kick!

jimharri said:
jacko74 said:
Who could forget when Dibble (I think?) got sent off and conceded a penalty, Quinny went in goal and promptly saved it!
Against Derby, IIRC. Dean Saunders took the penalty. He must be in a very select club of players that have missed penalties for 3 different clubs, AGAINST THE SAME OPPOSITION! He missed against us for Derby, Villa and Liverpool (I think!).

Correct mate as I was at all three games. The ones for Derby and Liverpool were at the Platt Lane End quite close to each other as Derby was near the end of the season, and then he went to Liverpool and that game was City's opening game at home at the start of the following season.

The miss at Villa happened a year or two later on a cold and snowy night at Villa Park in front of the Holte End.

goosed said:
I'm sure Mike Doyle went in goal after Keith MacRae was injured. early in a game at Leicester, in the mid 70's. Lost 1-0, late goal.
yes iwas there with about 200 of us,macrea got injured in the warm uo and mick went in nets,played quite well and we sang m-i-c-k mick doyle for all the match before being chased to the station,good times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.