Outpriced...

SWP's back said:
Bluebee2 said:
SWP's back said:
What do you expect? That is a tout site and we have sold out already.
Nothing really, it was an example of what the OP was stating about big prices for Premier league games.
Yeah but they are not City's prices though so it's unfair to say City V Spurs costs £120.
I was showing an example of how people are making money from tickets, as the OP mentioned about the Chinese guy. The demand for our tickets will grow and grow so keep hold of your season ticket and never let it go. As a taxi driver I have taken hundreds to the swamp from all over the world and the prices they have told me they have paid is outrageous.

Basically the prices have stopped me going. If someone wants to pay off my mortgage, I promise to have a rethink.

The trouble is once the routine of going every week is broken people find other things to do and the routine rarely returns.

FFP will keep prices up for sure. City sell out for league games so have no incentive to reduce prices. This may change if and when the stadium is extended considerably, but let's be honest, the target audience is now corporates (who get all the best views) and well-off families because both these markets are willing and able to part with oodles of cash. The rest of us are marginalised at best.

It's the way the world is these days. I don't like it, I much prefer the times when, apart from the Director's box, I could afford to access pretty much any part of Maine Road. But that's how it is, and it won't change because I don't like it.

Bluebee2 said:
SWP's back said:
Bluebee2 said:
Nothing really, it was an example of what the OP was stating about big prices for Premier league games.
Yeah but they are not City's prices though so it's unfair to say City V Spurs costs £120.
I was showing an example of how people are making money from tickets, as the OP mentioned about the Chinese guy. The demand for our tickets will grow and grow so keep hold of your season ticket and never let it go. As a taxi driver I have taken hundreds to the swamp from all over the world and the prices they have told me they have paid is outrageous.
Ah right sorry mate. Apologies.

Its only going to get worse in my opinion.

Every club is spending big to be the best, and even with our billions - with uefa on everyones back to generate your own income, prices are going to go up, more shirts released etc.

In the German, they have it bang on with ticket prices.
Then again, with the exception of Bayern really - a lot of the Prem can outspend them....and the elite offer much more in wages etc.

NDJong said:
Its only going to get worse in my opinion.

Every club is spending big to be the best, and even with our billions - with uefa on everyones back to generate your own income, prices are going to go up, more shirts released etc.

In the German, they have it bang on with ticket prices.
Then again, with the exception of Bayern really - a lot of the Prem can outspend them....and the elite offer much more in wages etc.
Every club is spending? The exact opposite I suggest

am i the only one who feels the match going fan has been stretched to way beyond a reasonable level, yet those who barely part with any money but claim to be fans watch on the tv for next to nothing.

if i personally didnt attend games, but had the option to watch a live game for a tenner then i would happily pay.

surely it is time to tap into the tv watching audience and ask them to part with more and to give the match goers a break.

fathellensbellend said:
am i the only one who feels the match going fan has been stretched to way beyond a reasonable level, yet those who barely part with any money but claim to be fans watch on the tv for next to nothing.

if i personally didnt attend games, but had the option to watch a live game for a tenner then i would happily pay.

surely it is time to tap into the tv watching audience and ask them to part with more and to give the match goers a break.
The flaw in that is that the tv watchers are a more casual breed and would be likely to just cancel their subscription and watch on the 'net rather than pay an inflated price to Sky.

Comparing prices to the theatre or a gig is fair enough but how many working men go to the theatre or a concert 25 times a year?

Football thrives on the fact the punters are irrationally loyal customers.

I've took two days off work, paid for travel and hotel, as well as food and drink of course for games I could of switched on the TV and watched for fuck all.
Not suggesting I'm anything special, there's thousands spend more than me on football but it doesn't really make much sense when you look at how much of your weekly wage is going on football.

Talk of building a bigger stadium is bullshit in my opinion. We are bucking the trend and seeing a slight increase in demand because we're suddenly a lot better than we were but when you consider we didn't fill the ground for the derby when half the crowd could get in for 15 sheets anyway, I don't think that suggets we could regularly sell out 50+ plus.

Even united with their millions of, " I don't go cos I cant get a ticket" punters, are advertising most league games now. They wouldn't be doing unless they thought they would struggle to sell out otherwise.

tidyman said:
Talk of building a bigger stadium is bullshit in my opinion. We are bucking the trend and seeing a slight increase in demand because we're suddenly a lot better than we were but when you consider we didn't fill the ground for the derby when half the crowd could get in for 15 sheets anyway, I don't think that suggets we could regularly sell out 50+ plus.
The Derby was sold out. We are averaging over 47k and every home League game has sold out. Most of them sell out a month in advance. That does not suggest we would not sell out 50+. It suggests 60 or 70 plus, and what happens when we win a couple more trophies as we surely will?

I know most home league games are selling out at the moment. Not sure how that suggests we could sell another 30,000 each game though?

I don't really give a shit what the crowd is but if we had 30,000 just waiting for a chance to get to a game then surely the cup games would be easily sold out too?

And whatever the club might say, the derby wasn't sold out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.